Luke's Severed Hand Stunt Prop from ESB

Hey guys, my idea for the run of replica Kobold tops for this saber didn't get any interest, however, a customer still asked me to make him one, so I made a couple extras if anyone needs one :)
IMG_20230709_162033.jpg
IMG_20230709_164000.jpg

Hey guys, my idea for the run of replica Kobold tops for this saber didn't get any interest, however, a customer still asked me to make him one, so I made a couple extras if anyone needs one :)
View attachment 1717514 View attachment 1717515

Beautiful!

View attachment 1717514 View attachment 1717515
That’s art!

Have you tried removing the hexagonal nut closer to the black part with a small wrench or pliers? This is the one that needs to be removed.
Cheers
I figured it out. You can see I also got your wonderful kobold top.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3934.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3934.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 57
Finished up a pair of severed hand stunts; production and post production.

Production version utilizes all vintage parts with roygilsing control box and connector core

Post prod is a vintage graflex top and Kobold bottom with @roygilsing’s kit to finish it off
View attachment 1742032
View attachment 1742033
View attachment 1742034View attachment 1742035View attachment 1742036View attachment 1742037View attachment 1742038View attachment 1742039
Awesome job on both stunt hilts, 3251bimmer!

Finished up a pair of severed hand stunts; production and post production.

Production version utilizes all vintage parts with roygilsing control box and connector core

Post prod is a vintage graflex top and Kobold bottom with @roygilsing’s kit to finish it off
View attachment 1742032
View attachment 1742033
View attachment 1742034View attachment 1742035View attachment 1742036View attachment 1742037View attachment 1742038View attachment 1742039
Came out wicked!

I will report back, I just found out McMasterCarr carries rectangular aluminum tube at .5/.25" which is close to the size of this control box. I wanted to try my hand at cutting my own, and making the nut

Also, I got eethan 's kobold adaptor today and excitedly popped the bottom off my kobold and used the original long screws to thread the new top on. It's freaking beautiful and fits perfectly.

Cone knobs from anakinstarkiller and Corellian exports, some NOS steel shaft collars and…
IMG_0462.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg

This stock is American so it’s about 1mm smaller on both sides, but with the right slot cut…. I like the look of this. Had to buy two feet tho lol

I cannot do it today, I was engraving a custom birthday gift, which was sharp, and the factory did such a good job that brushing off the dust sliced my finger open. Applying pressure, something to keep it clean and multiple bandages, I’m okay but it will be a while before this little thing clots

I have a newfound appreciation for this part. At least… if I had a mill this would have taken 2 minutes. Maybe even if I had a band saw or something…

I tried using my mini lathe as a table saw, I do it for T track, but the discs were flexing under the 1/16 thick aluminum, so I resorted to using a rotary tool and abrasive discs. I suppose I could have used a hacksaw but I was already using one to section 1.9” pieces from my stock! I wanted something finer than blunt force…

So… it turns out, drilling holes and cutting, cutting from a sharpie line and square, or working your way up different cutting disc thicknesses…. If you waver at all it looks really bad. This slot is like.. a little over 2mm! And it has to be centered! My eyeball skills have been good to within 1-3mm so this just pushed my boundary. It took me 5 tries, on the 5th one, I got something good enough to put against my used disc sander and polish it up. The trick was to end with cylindrical diamond cutting bits and “mill” the slot to the right width!

IMG_0472.jpeg
IMG_0473.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0476.jpeg

1) I grab trophies from thrift stores to get the threaded rods inside, I’m leftover with marble blocks that I solder on or something..

2) the slot is just the right size for a 0-80 screw, coincidence?

Looking at the picture teecrooz generously shared on page 3, it would appear that:

1) Either a grip fell off during filming and then was re-attached, and then another grip fell off after

or

2) The top and bottom either can turn or separated and were put back together backwards, and the same grip has been missing this whole time

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 10.39.35 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 10.38.59 PM.png

...also I took a Camera Bracket Thumbscrew and machined it down into what I see in the bulb socket *shrug*
IMG_0511.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back