The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

I think I am going to follow the traditional right handed draw style for this, since its more comfortable to hold the bow in my left hand as it was designed for. So Im switching it up just a little bit.
That also means my CQC holster and rig need to be switched to my right side.

A big thanks from this new guy to all the veteran RPFers who dug up so much detailed info on this costume. With your help I was able to put together a quick and dirty non screen accurate costume and wear it to a recent event (Metropolis Superman Celebration) and thought I would share some of my successes and failures. I’m not sure if my build should have it’s own thread but mods feel free to split this off if needed, I’m not sure of all the etiquette yet.

Costume-for the main costume since I don’t sew or know anyone that can do the level of detail this costume has I just went with the online option from Cosplaysky. It arrived fast and it fits pretty well. However it’s pretty cheap material, doesn’t breathe at all and the belt is not adjustable.

Boots-the boots were just costume combat boots. I went with a side zipper just for convenience.

Beiter armguard-this is where the RPF really came in handy, I wouldn’t have known what brand armguard this was otherwise. I ordered the guard (x2). It did need a small fix as the elastic that comes with it is plastered with the company name but I just bought some plain black 3/8 inch elastic to replace it with.

Shooting glove-I do shoot a recurve bow (that’s why I was so keen on a Hawkeye costume) so I already had a shooting glove. It was in a woodland camo pattern though but a black magic marker took care of that.

3062.jpg

Bow-no way I was going to paint over one of my nice recurves and I can’t afford the accurate Hoyt Buffalo (but it’s on my list now-thanks RPF) so I went to my local bow shop to look at other options. What I came away with is a Genesis (about $150) which is a nice all purpose, all ages bow and comes in many different colors so I got a black with no painting needed (not real fond of the red cams though but it’s what they had). This is a nice starter bow so when I decide to step up to the Hoyt I won’t have a problem re-selling it.

Arrows-arrows just don’t come in black (that I’ve ever found), mostly neon colors so they can be found in the grass easier. I was going to primer and paint mine but the magic marker was still close by so I gave it a try and it actually works very well. I only had a small amount of rub off when I wore this costume.

3102.jpg

Arrow tips-just some greeblies I had lying around, hot glue and some silver spray paint.

Quiver-no quiver yet, waiting for someone more talented that I to do this. If no one does I may tackle this in the future.

Okay, in the pics I know my form isn’t great put I kept having to drop my arm so the photographer could get my face in the shot.

15912.jpg

1651.jpg

All in all, this looks great! Hoping to make the quiver myself, as soon as a couple of other projects are taken care of. By the way, did you know that there's some other guy from some other reality standing behind you? Quick, boxing glove arrows at 10 paces!

After reviewing the promo pics I see what your talking about... How you managed to catch the difference is beyond me lol. As for my costume I'm a little upset that they went with the burgundy instead of purple so Im really thinking that the more purple I implement the better. I'm not going for 100% accuracy as most people seem to be cutting corners somewhere, hopefully mine will resemble the films suit but with a slight twist. Thanks for pointing this out

Weeks and weeks of going over every image I could find, and then doing it again 'till my eyes bled...:wacko 100% accuracy is great, but I don't think we'll get it on this one. There's just too much custom material, etc., so do the best you can and have some fun with it.

I am so happy I found this thread, my son (9yrs) requested to be Hawkeye from the movie for Halloween and the Geeky Mom I am, I decided to make it myself and as accurate as possible. (don't even get me started on my daughter's request to be Loki).
But all the reference Photos on this thread are great. I will post pictures as soon as I make progress.
Thanks everybod.
C.

I use the crye pants for the v0 and v1, and I use these pants for the actual v2 costume. You won't be disappointed. Very comfortable,and easily modifiable.

Folks, we seem to be getting a bit off the beaten path with personal projects, etc. Would appreciate everyone keeping it on track with the original thread of the Hawkeye Avengers costume info, thanks.

Does anyone know if the quiver he uses when he infiltrates the Helicarrier the same as he uses later in the film? If not is it an off the shelf commercial one or another custom made for the production?

Folks, we seem to be getting a bit off the beaten path with personal projects, etc. Would appreciate everyone keeping it on track with the original thread of the Hawkeye Avengers costume info, thanks.

How about a "Definitive Hawkeye SHIELD Costumes" thread? I'll start one now...

All
Hawake-leather-vest__31816_zoom.jpg

Movieleatherjackets.com has The Avengers Hawkeye vest in leather ($199)

I bought one of these for my own Hawkeye Costume. It is made in Pakistan. The company is super fast with shipping, the quality of the item is amazing, and the fit is just about perfect (using their size chart). I do have a couple of issues though. First, the burgundy cross on the front looks more dark brown in person (compared to the website image). However, I did find and amazing company (Advanced Leathers) that sells leather products that are color matched and able to recolor this leather to the correct tone. Second, the S.H.I.E.L.D. patch shown in the image did not come on mine. I bought a separate patch and sewed it on. All in all, this is a fabulous item for those putting together this costume.

I know this one isn't exactly film accurate, but here is my Hawkeye. I threw it together in two weeks for a local convention. The quiver I made won an award in the costume contest for prop craftsmanship. :)

14505-hawkeye-costume.jpg

14504-hawkeye-bow.jpg

14506-hawkeye-quiver.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back