The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

new to the whole sewing thing, but can any give some advise on starting to sew/put together the V2 vest? Is there any patterns out there to help with the basic shapes?

Im still trying to convince myself that they are neccessary to complete the suit but its a lot of money... Espc when I have always wanted the black and ruby Juliets pictured in Warriors but never committed. Let me know what ya'll think?

The models used were the Oakley "wind jackets", for the promotional shots and art work. The "O", gasket and strap have been airbrushed out on the photos but you can see the areas where it's too "clean" and there's a lighter edge around his brow from the missing gasket. The wind jackets are Oakleys' eyewear answer for motorcycle riders due to an added rubber gasket and elastic head strap that can be removed from the glasses and then you have just a normal pair of split jackets. The purple hue you see comes from the positive red lenses that are optional for the glasses. You get the same thing on some of the iridium lenses but see it most on the red lenses.
I own the X-Men Juliets and the wind jackets; both are great, but I only wear the wind jackets on my bike. The juliets imho are just better glasses and worth the $.

My opinion on the sunglasses:

You all know that there's a huge difference in what looks right and what FITS right.

Be careful with Oakley sunglasses. Make sure you try them on before just flat out buying them. They are my favorite sunglass company, but they have very very specific styles to fit very very specific face shapes.

I love the juliets so much more than the other frames. They fit my face, since i don't have the roundness that Renner has for the splits jackets.

I think the purple in the hero version sunglasses is too purple. They'd be great if we were going for more of a comic book Hawkeye, especially for the Ultimates, but since his movie costume has more of a maroonish purple, I'd stick with the ruby or the red iridiums.

Gonna be working on fiixing up my symatex boots this weekend, and waiting on graphic jordan's awesome urethane shield patch.

Anybody find anyone who is ACTUALLY doing a quiver instead of just saying they are?

For the V1 quiver, I just used a SWAT shotgun sheath like this one.:

http://www.zephyrsports.com/product...NcStar-Tactical-Shotgun-Scabbard---Black.html

I think it looks cool with all of my new Blackhawk Warrior gear, and it's pretty darn inexpensive considering the alternatives.

Last edited:
My opinion on the sunglasses:

You all know that there's a huge difference in what looks right and what FITS right.

Be careful with Oakley sunglasses. Make sure you try them on before just flat out buying them. They are my favorite sunglass company, but they have very very specific styles to fit very very specific face shapes.

I love the juliets so much more than the other frames. They fit my face, since i don't have the roundness that Renner has for the splits jackets.

I think the purple in the hero version sunglasses is too purple. They'd be great if we were going for more of a comic book Hawkeye, especially for the Ultimates, but since his movie costume has more of a maroonish purple, I'd stick with the ruby or the red iridiums.

Truer words have never been spoken:cheers especially with their pricetag.

I have some sketches for the quiver but I've got a full plate before I can work a buck to vacform. Spoke with a buddy that's doing a lot of the Fett armor right now, he may be interested in pulling it for those interested but he's swamped with orders until August.

Truer words have never been spoken:cheers especially with their pricetag.

I have some sketches for the quiver but I've got a full plate before I can work a buck to vacform. Spoke with a buddy that's doing a lot of the Fett armor right now, he may be interested in pulling it for those interested but he's swamped with orders until August.

Dash, are we talking V1 Hawkeye Quiver or V2 Hawkeye Quiver? Either way if the price is right, I'm interested.
Also who was doing a resin casting of the riser? I would be interested in one of those as well

Tibberon25 can you let me know what this is like? because I have one on order and am worried about the size etc. Maybe post photos for us all to see :)

Paul, I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday, so I will let you know. A friend of mine has this same one and he used it for his V2 Hawkeye at the premeire back in May.

Here's the prelim pics. I've since added the shield logo, enhanced the bow, customized teh glove and guard and added some really great blackhawk warrior pants.

I'll try to post more when I can.

Looks really good - I'd like to see some closer pics of the vest and the Blackhawk pants your using. I'm going to try to start on my own soon.

Ok I received my Lil Bear recurve bow. Its going to be modded becasue its meant for a right handed shooter with a left handed grip.
Will post photos in a few

Ok for those who asked, here is a photo of the bow measured against a yard stick and a dollar bill for reference

223.jpg

The bow measures 47inches in length.

Here are some pics of me holding it the way Renner holds it in the film and the way it should be held

227.jpg

230.jpg

And here is are photos of the grip/riser

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

Planned modifications include possibly grinding the grip down a little so it will fit more comfortably in my right hand, adding a scope like he had in the film and masking any logos that can not be removed.

Also will be working on some con-safe/friendly arrows for the costume as well over the weekend

Last edited:
I hope that isn't a real bow, with any decent poundage to it...holding it like that is gonna cut your arms and wrist up real bad. Bend that elbow a bit...take it from an avid bow hunter.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

He's just posing. Most folks are smart enough not to dry fire a bow.
I hope that isn't a real bow, with any decent poundage to it...holding it like that is gonna cut your arms and wrist up real bad. Bend that elbow a bit...take it from an avid bow hunter.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

The models used were the Oakley "wind jackets", for the promotional shots and art work. The "O", gasket and strap have been airbrushed out on the photos but you can see the areas where it's too "clean" and there's a lighter edge around his brow from the missing gasket. The wind jackets are Oakleys' eyewear answer for motorcycle riders due to an added rubber gasket and elastic head strap that can be removed from the glasses and then you have just a normal pair of split jackets. The purple hue you see comes from the positive red lenses that are optional for the glasses. You get the same thing on some of the iridium lenses but see it most on the red lenses.
I own the X-Men Juliets and the wind jackets; both are great, but I only wear the wind jackets on my bike. The juliets imho are just better glasses and worth the $.
After reviewing the promo pics I see what your talking about... How you managed to catch the difference is beyond me lol. As for my costume I'm a little upset that they went with the burgundy instead of purple so Im really thinking that the more purple I implement the better. I'm not going for 100% accuracy as most people seem to be cutting corners somewhere, hopefully mine will resemble the films suit but with a slight twist. Thanks for pointing this out

Did some work this morning on a few con safe arrows for my Hawkeye. One of the arrows I did was based off this cover
hawkeye-antman.jpg

Started with a rubber tip from a child's arrow set that belonged to my nephew and then dremeled it out a bit so it would fit the arrow.

005.jpg

Then I used a heroclix Ant-Man and removed him from the base and removed any extraneous pieces

006.jpg

008.jpg

A little super glue and Viola!!

009.jpg

010.jpg

I also made a bola arrow that is con safe. Took 3 ping pong balls, drilled holes in all of them and super glued them to the arrow

011.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

Also added some hot glue in between the balls. Planning on painting them either bronze or gold.

Finally I'm thinking of using this mini led flashlight for the scope he has on his bow in the film. I temporarily attached it with tape to give me an idea where it should go in relation to the way I hold it

016.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back