The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Hey guys,
Here's my 2 cents on the guard-it looks like a fairly standard arm guard, leather with an elastic/velcro strap, at least in this photo. Don't remember the brand, but when I started archery a decade ago, this is what they sold me on the first day.
But man, I want Hawkeye's custom stuff, fer sher!
And sorry for the flash-it's black leather, honest!

Been hovering about following this thread for a while now. I put together a quick and dirty Hawkeye Shield version with my tactical gear and a toy bow I found. Still need to make the quiver and I now have the vest but for a small con it did the job.

Hope you like :cool

Paul

576604_219660941488596_465356799_n.jpg

I deffinately think that Hawkeye has the hardest suit to replicate.... I like to go as accurate as possible but this one is gonna take some compromizing

It's amazing that everything else in the V0/V1 costumes was off-the-shelf except the glove. I'm still wondering if we've missed something.

That said, here's a stab at a custom-made 'screen inspired' glove.

It's amazing that everything else in the V0/V1 costumes was off-the-shelf except the glove. I'm still wondering if we've missed something.

That said, here's a stab at a custom-made 'screen inspired' glove.

WOW!! Looks great!! I'm thinking of just going with one of the 2 I posted earlier since my skills are ehh at best LOL.

Oh speaking of V1 Hawkeye, the mailman delivered my AEG H&K P30 and my Blackhawk holster. Need to heat the holster up a bit to get the gun to fit.
I'll post pics later

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but did anyone figure out what a good dup for the maroon fabric would be/where it can be purchased? I'm doing something Avengers-themed and would like to get as close as possible to the movie fabric. Thanks!

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but did anyone figure out what a good dup for the maroon fabric would be/where it can be purchased? I'm doing something Avengers-themed and would like to get as close as possible to the movie fabric. Thanks!

So far the closest we have is burgundy 1000D Cordura, available from various sites. It's not a perfect match, but nobody's come up with better yet.

So far the closest we have is burgundy 1000D Cordura, available from various sites. It's not a perfect match, but nobody's come up with better yet.

I think that's as close as we can get for now. I started my pattern and for the general "correct look" the burgundy fits the bill. I've read a lot of posts all over about the fabric being completely custom (along with the BW and Cap fabrics), nothing confirmed but probably more than likely correct, so we may never nail it down.

But I would be up for contributing to a custom order if someone with the know how and resource contacts was up for it.

Here's the prelim pics. I've since added the shield logo, enhanced the bow, customized teh glove and guard and added some really great blackhawk warrior pants.

I'll try to post more when I can.

Just came back to this thread and caught up on all the posts. Great job guys.

Anyone have a screen cap of the black of V1 Quiver?

I remember there was a scene in the movie where you can see it pretty well. Looked like a flat oval quiver either made of heavy black canvas or leather. No arrow tubes inside, thats why all the arrows leaned to the one side distorting the shape of the top of the quiver. And if it was leather it was flexible not the heavy wax boiled leather SCA peeps use. It also had a flat oval bottom not tapered (opening and bottim same flat oval).

I am looking for someone making arrow tips? I am in the process of making the V2 quiver. I know it was CNC but I am going a different route

I am also looking for the maroon material on the V2 Quiver. I thought it might be red carbon fiber. What do you all think?

Last edited:
I am also looking for the maroon material on the V2 Quiver. I thought it might be red carbon fiber. What do you all think?

I'm more inclined to believe it was swatches of the same fabric as the vest detail, but completely possible to be something else like a carbon fiber.

Im still trying to convince myself that they are neccessary to complete the suit but its a lot of money... Espc when I have always wanted the black and ruby Juliets pictured in Warriors but never committed. Let me know what ya'll think?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back