The Definitive Darth Vader Timeline. Screen/Tour/Promo/Museum Displays: ANH/ESB/ROTJ

Re: The Definitive Darth Vader Timeline. Screen/Tour/Promo/Museum Displays: ANH/ESB/

Do you know when you're going to have more Vader Tour pics?

Re: The Definitive Darth Vader Timeline. Screen/Tour/Promo/Museum Displays: ANH/ESB/

Do you know when you're going to have more Vader Tour pics?

Not sure. I'm busy with a few projects at the moment, but I will get back to this eventually. In the meantime, here are some pics I took of the PA ESB stunt and the Hollywood Studios Vader displays:

Paul Allen ESB Stunt Display Photos by DarthKaro | Photobucket

MGM Hollywood Studios Vader Photos by DarthKaro | Photobucket

Just an FYI, the photo of Vader holding the little girl up is from the ROTJ era.

Here's a photo I took of a Vader tour suit on 10 December 1984.

ROTJ was screening in New Zealand, and I was a police officer in Tokoroa, central North Island. The cinema manager called into the station from his theatre over the street. He was all geared up as Vader, so I whipped him into the charge room and took mug shots. It was on a little half-frame 35mm which we'd send away to HQ when the film was full.

To my surprise Photo Section sent the picture back, and even enclosed the negative, which I still have. Dave Prowse was quite amused when I told him about it when he signed it some years back. I have posted this photo some years ago, and I remember one of the RPF members had it as his avatar for a while.

I remember trying the helmet on and being struck by the size and weight. Greg (cinema manager) was a short Vader and the robe must have been designed for ordinary folks or else it would have dragged on the ground.

Wonder where it is now.

Necropost! I finally found the one surviving picture of Vader's visit to Fresno in 1977 or 78. Probably not helpful, but now I can close the book on it.

vader.jpg

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back