The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I don't yet believe this. I don't see why they would
work so hard to distance themselves from the last
films and the take a huge step back in the costume
design. I don't love the ASM suit by any means, but
they should at least stick to their vision.

If it is real, I'm happy with it it's a great classic design.
I just don't know if I'm buying it yet.

No Leg stripes! Hurray!

sm12.jpg

article-0-184A92A1000005DC-462_634x286.jpg

article-0-184A92B1000005DC-372_634x622.jpg

I always loved the Raimi design except for the eye shape and the thick silver webing. Now it's basically perfect.

Can't wait.

This looks way too good too be Marc Webb's spider man (and that's a good thing)..... I am very happy with how he actually listened to fans!!!!

Happy to see that this is legit. I am glad the leg stripes are gone and the
back "notch" is gone. Dont know why they went back the the Raimi films
brick pattern and spider though. Either Way. Glad to see a good Spidey suit.

So it's back to this...nothing wrong with it, just wish they could have been more creative rather than going back to the Raimi design.

Further proof you can't please everyone. Make it different and people bash you for not staying true to the source material. Make it very true to the source and a legit good looking adaptation like what they just revealed for ASM2, and people complain it's not creative enough.

It's the classic Spidey suit with modernized patterns and they finally got the bigger eyes going, I think it's the best Spidey CBM suit to date. Can't wait to see the full outfit with better pics.

Further proof you can't please everyone. Make it different and people bash you for not staying true to the source material. Make it very true to the source and a legit good looking adaptation like what they just revealed for ASM2, and people complain it's not creative enough.

I think people are complaining because it's the same costume from the Raimi films with new eyes. They could have done something more faithful to the comics that wasn't a left-over from the films they're so desperate to differentiate themselves from with that eyesore of a costume they used last time. Reusing the last production's work is lazy. What's next, color timing the film to be gold like Raimi's films instead of blue? Danny Elfman score?

I like the way the costume looks, I liked it ten years ago when Tobey was wearing it. It doesn't look like the natural progression from the last costume Andrew wore. At the very least they could have retained the stretched spider from the last film and reworked it a little to fit with the costume change.

It's lazy. If they're reusing elements from Raimi's films what's the point of making new films? Either re-release SM2 or hire all the Raimi crew to make SM4 and be done with it.

I look at the last film's spidey suit as a similar idea to the differences between the Batman Begins Batsuit and the The Dark Knight Batsuit; two different suits, but with the new suit being aesthetically and functionally better.

At the very least they could have retained the stretched spider from the last film and reworked it a little to fit with the costume change.

They did keep the stretched spider. Look at the last image in Nick Daring's post (#83)

Although the webbing is silver and raised in the close up image with heavy lighting, the on the set images make them look black, which I like. Hopefully when on screen, the webbing stays looking a very dark grey or black.

I like it. I was always a fan of the Raimi suit, so I'm actually happy they're going back to a similar style. Also makes my new SpideyPlanet suit that much more relevant. ;)

Sean

Bet it was studio mandated.

Just seems like they gave in. All those new fabrics are gone, not a hint there. Even the boots are Raimi style. Why scrap all that R&D unless you had to do so?

Though one picture did look like it had the elongated spider, and the webbing is still more grid like.

It seems very strange to backtrack so much. But I really like it.

This is what I hoped we'd get for Raimi's last movie.

They did keep the stretched spider. Look at the last image in Nick Daring's post (#83)

Although the webbing is silver and raised in the close up image with heavy lighting, the on the set images make them look black, which I like. Hopefully when on screen, the webbing stays looking a very dark grey or black.

Fair enough. The publicity image looks a lot more like the SM3 spider.

Still, it's no better than if they'd put Henry Cavill in the Returns suit with a different \S/ shield and called it a day.

I just don't see this fitting the same universe they established in TASM. The eyes are legit, we already know that, and those definitely don't fit the universe so who knows...maybe legit.

This is my favorite post ever! Only on the RPF can you learn that certain eyes have no business in certain universes...

This is my favorite post ever! Only on the RPF can you learn that certain eyes have no business in certain universes...

LOL maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I meant is that you wouldn't see the Christopher Nolan Batman wearing a comic book style cowl in one of those movies. It just wouldn't fit after they established a quasi-realistic tonality to the world that batman inhabits. They went "realistic" with the suit on TASM and now they are going cartoony. Just doesn't fit (in my humble opinion).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back