The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The Dr. Connors/Oscorp mucking-about-with-DNA slant the movie put on everybody's origins. Dr. Connors was experimenting with lizards. Why not a chameleon? One of Dr. Connors' colleagues pulls a Peter Parker one day and gets stirfried with a chameleon. Now he can camoflage himself perfectly. Look like anybody. Infiltrate a prison by impersonating a guard, perhaps...
I just think that if they're going with the mixed/mutated DNA thing for hero/villain origins, the guy with the best chances of getting in and out of a prison undetected is the Chameleon. Plus, he's an old, and apparently unknown, character that could use a cool new revamp and would really make Parker's life interesting for 2 hours of overpriced popcorn.

I love the analysis. Great idea/thought process. I can definitely be on board w/that. Thanks Axlotl.

Plus, why would Norman Osborn be in prison? Wasn't it mentioned that he was dying? So I would assume he'd be in a hospital bed somewhere else, my guess is the Goblin serum/whatever will revive him and turn him bonkers in one of the later movies

Greatest Spidey villain EVER!!!

paul-giamatti-the-rhino-amazing-spider-man-uproxx.jpg

2838737-rhinogiamatti.jpg

Marc Webb Isn't Making A Sequel, He's Mapping Out A Massive Spider-Man Universe - CinemaBlend.com
Interesting observation.

Director Mark Webb tweeted the above link along with the following words.

"Think bigger... "

https://twitter.com/MarcW/status/296440822063312896

See, this would be a good idea IF Hollywood wasn't so fickle. I don't think the execs give a flying poop what Webb's future plans are for the franchise. His sequel might not make as much cash as Sony hopes, and then they could decide to reboot the series again because they don't like the direction it's headed and are too afraid to let it play out.

Think about it: Raimi had Curt Connors cameos in his Spider-Man films, and nothing became of that. I was very much hoping to see what he would do with the Lizard in his films ever since I saw Connors in the original film.

So Webb can slowly start introducing characters in the next film(s), but it may ultimately end up being a male chicken tease if we never see the Rhino, the Green Goblin, or find out who the guy in Connor's jail cell is. His goals are admirable, but Webb definitely does not have anywhere near full control over what path the franchise will take. Hell, the marketing people for Amazing really blundered it bad with the whole "Untold Story" angle...

Has anybody thought that maybe the guy in the Jail cell wasn't even a character? Just an actor to push the story along for number 2?

I really just didn't like the casting for TASM in the first place... this is making it that much worse....
can we reboot it AGAIN but this time in the middle of Peter Parker's life as Spider Man? Y'know, when Peter is in college and he's been Spidey for a while.... and get rid of Garfield... please...

I really just didn't like the casting for TASM in the first place... this is making it that much worse....
can we reboot it AGAIN but this time in the middle of Peter Parker's life as Spider Man? Y'know, when Peter is in college and he's been Spidey for a while.... and get rid of Garfield... please...

:thumbsup

Those look better than the tiny ones of the other suit. Now if they'd just fix the suit, things would be getting better.

I personally didnt like the first one very much at all, and frankly Im sick of the green goblin story line/characters etc. The casting for this is a joke, and I dont want to see two actors in their late 20s being retarded high schoolers. Its annoying. Rhino is a sub par villain, so obviously someone is going to be pulling the strings. Spidermans suit bugged the crap out of me the entire time, and he never had his damn mask on. Why cant they just do Venom right? Or Carnage? Make the chunk that Connors studied in SP3 be carnage. Or the Scorpion even. Mysterio. ANYONE. Well, anyone but the Vulture, he is a joke.

I personally didnt like the first one very much at all, and frankly Im sick of the green goblin story line/characters etc. The casting for this is a joke, and I dont want to see two actors in their late 20s being retarded high schoolers. Its annoying. Rhino is a sub par villain, so obviously someone is going to be pulling the strings. Spidermans suit bugged the crap out of me the entire time, and he never had his damn mask on. Why cant they just do Venom right? Or Carnage? Make the chunk that Connors studied in SP3 be carnage. Or the Scorpion even. Mysterio. ANYONE. Well, anyone but the Vulture, he is a joke.

Don't hold back...how do you really feel?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back