Studio Scale AT-ST under construction!

Re: Studio Scale AT-ST under construction!

Hi Steve, please don't forget to ask Mike on my behalf to send along the missing parts of my ROTJ At-ST when you ship my TIE Interceptor. Thanks.

Payment sent for head 'n parts tonight, thanks steve

Last edited:

Hi Steve

I've emailed ya and PMed - can you let me know that tracking info for my ROTJ AT-ST please? Nothing's arrived yet..

Jeremy

Hi! at last!
Item recieved and it´s perfect!
Only one thing , The front foot nail cast has lost details and shapes and I would like to know the original parts used to replace the defective parts.
Thanks!
185708057.jpg

Last edited:

Anybody know how to get in contact with Steve? I've emailed him through the forums but haven't received a reply. I know he's probably deployed...just wondering though. Need to get a ROTJ At-St. Thanks!

Joe

Anybody know how to get in contact with Steve? I've emailed him through the forums but haven't received a reply. I know he's probably deployed...just wondering though. Need to get a ROTJ At-St. Thanks!

Joe

The following information was posted in the Studio Scale Tie Fighter thread about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the fill VD,, thats right folks to right this boat heros first (all kits complete) I have one set of Hero Stars to send out (SS) I will knock out a few Standard TIE with a here and there ATST. Once Complete I will finish the rest of the pre order Interceptors (8) Once Im caught up... I'm taking a break, once thats over I will fill orders through www.dockingbay94models.com
All the kits I do will be sold to them and they will handle sales on the internet. They will only sell "in stock" kits, so once I fill there first request I'll make sure you guys know it here first! So if it shows on hand that means the kit is boxed ****** and ready to rock. I think the site goes up 1 August.

I have a long list of new folks wanting the TIE and Interceptor as well the other kits I do.. I think using this company will benifit you all cause there will no longer be a wait or delays when ordering a kit. If its in its in!

I'll finihs the Hero's this week, then the next week will be the TIE standard and ATSTs. Interceptor to follow.

Thanks
Steve

Thanks!

Joe

I believe Steve is still working on the Interceptors. Keep an eye on the SS Tie Fighter thread. That should give you a better idea when the web site is up and running, ready to take orders.

Good Luck

Hey guys,

MT's ROTJ "HERO" AT-ST build is one of a kind! Want to make sure all props are sent his direction for going the extra step in making a Real Deal construct! Showing his metal parts made me want to show mine! Well parts that is..

Here's the ROTJ ATST resin kit leg upgrade that I'm working on (got to do something while the resin is cooling!)

John C the original pattern maker is quite busy with a "few" projects now so I figured I'd lend a razor knife.. hell... I can glue my fingers together with the best of them.

Thanks to all that have pointed out the inaccuracy of the current kit (Size of the legs, feet and top of the neck base detail). Without you we could not make the kit better! :thumbsup

To correct the small legs that came with the first kit run.. I have used new reference and built correct sized legs. The upper leg is still one main piece with some add on details. the main lower leg will come in three pieces all with steel rod cast into them. These three will be pinned and glued togther to make the one main leg. The lower leg will have steel impregnated in it as well.

Im finishing all the rivet work now and will start on the bigger feet... you know what they say about AT-ST's with big feet.... more accurate I think MT's build proves that.

So here is a break down of the process to upgrade the current resin kit.

1. Secure more accurate reference ... DONE!

2. Compare the parts for scale and detail... DONE!

3. Draw new designs for parts by breaking the parts down as they were originaly made. DONE

I first did these on paper then I did drawings in AutoCad and IllistratorCS2 and the parts can be cut in any type of material. Problem is to do it in alluminum.. it costs almost twice the cost of the entire ROTJ Kit just to have leg parts cut. Thats not counting the drill and tap work that needs to be added to the overall price.

4. Have the parts cut. I chose Acrylic and Styrene as these will be mold masters for the new kit run set for January 09.
343967678.jpg

343967517.jpg

some parts are missing as they were used on the master patterns. Nice to punch parts out that are perfect, little to no sanding..

5. assemble the parts... these pics show raw and assembled parts together... the last pic is the size comparison to the OLD set of legs currenly issuded with the kit.
343965293.jpg

343965262.jpg

343963277.jpg

343965262.jpg

343965349.jpg

you can really tell the difference on the size. Will make the new kit pop when assembled! I'll keep the thread updated when these puppies are ready and the new ROTJ Studio Scale kit is ready. A fellow board member will be getting the first set and will add them to his already built ATST! Thanks for looking.

343963358.jpg

hi will we be able to update our kits...I have not put mine together...I would like to make mine as accurate as possible.

Hey! ABSOLUTLEY! Previous kit buyers will have an opportunity at a reduced cost to add the new legs to the existing kit. Unfortuantley I cannot afford to give them away but I will do my best to take care of those who takes care of us.

Steve

Dang, that's a huge difference. So what happened - did better ROTJ reference surface? I don't understand why the originals that John made were so stumpy.

Dang, that's a huge difference. So what happened - did better ROTJ reference surface? I don't understand why the originals that John made were so stumpy.

Jason,

New reference has surfaced.. showing the parts that John assumed were kit parts were actualy scratchbuilt by ILM.. kinda of like MT's first RoTJ head was to small as he thought kit parts were used. John picked a known part and he incorrectly scaled the leg to match. the key part for leg scale is the indy car part that was used on the ESB version on the upper leg. we thought the same part was used on the ROTj version so we scaled everything to that... hence to small.

Now that the reference of the ROTj has been made available it is clear the part was scratched.. so back to the drawing board!

Steve

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back