Studio Scale AT-AT build by dtssyst

dtssyst

Sr Member
And... here... we... GO!!!

Studio scale AT-AT has begun.

This is a beautiful kit and lucky to get one. The casting quality is amazing.

I wanted to start sooner but the Dungeons and Dragons campaign I just recently started took a lot of prep work.
Partly and mostly why I have been away from model building(sort of). Painting many miniatures for the campaign was fun and technically still ongoing.

No worries, my 2nd ywing build will be resuming very soon.

For now here are a few pictures to get you up to where I am on this build.
20231118_091554.jpg
20231118_091630.jpg
20231118_091709.jpg

Last edited:
And... here... we... GO!!!

Studio scale AT-AT has begun.

This is a beautiful kit and lucky to get one. The casting quality is amazing.

I wanted to start sooner but the Dungeons and Dragons campaign I just recently started took a lot of prep work.
Partly and mostly why I have been away from model building(sort of). Painting many miniatures for the campaign was fun and technically still ongoing.

No worries, my 2nd ywing build will be resuming very soon.

For now here are a few pictures to get you up to where I am on this build.View attachment 1762684View attachment 1762685View attachment 1762686

Congrats dtssyst. It is a great kit and it totally blew my mind when I got mine. Looking forward to seeing yours.

As promised, progress.
Trying to pose this thing is a pita.
Attaching the bottom to the hull and the front and back parts at the same time so it all aligned was a new experience.

Chamfer the edges for front and back parts helped a lot.

20240103_173236.jpg

Paper towel and rag to keep it from falling over. Lol
I'll use a clear acrylic rod for support. That way I can keep it posable..

My office work area also had an upgrade.
20240103_173154.jpg

Nail polish racks for paint trays. So much cheaper and works great!
Unfortunately, floquil paint won't fit. Ugh.

Once finished building this, I'll try to get gold leader done. Painting will wait for spring/summer.

JPG productions medical frigate is very high on my list to start building.

I need to finish 3d printing a few kits too. Waiting for spring so i can install a vent so the smell and doc's are not in the house.

Thank you all for the compliments on my builds. Truly appreciated.

Last edited:
Looking really good. Some day I would love to get one of these kits to add to the collection. Although, I'll probably need a new and bigger shelf for it all. (And I really want to get the walls repainted. The last home owners thought this greenish yellow looked good. Looks more yellow gold here, which actually looks better then in person)
1000012662.jpg

Nice work. Those kits are incredible but too rich for my blood. Of course I say that and then spend the equivalent “on the installment plan” buying individual kits for scratch builds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back