Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Phasma was awesome in the trailer.

Then the film happened.

Personally, I think the scene where they threaten to put her in the trash compactor might be the worst bit of dialogue in the entire franchise. Even worse than the padme/Anakin love scenes from attack of the clones

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Wow. I have been mostly staying away from this thread but I had to address this. You have to get your house checked for gas leaks if you think a couple throw away lines to the original movie even compares to the horrible dialogue of AOTC. Not only are you talking about the "love" scenes, but the sand? THE SAND. I know Ill probably get a bunch of "oh everyone is entitled to your opinion blah blah blah" but I dont care. What you said is WRONG. I didnt cringe when those words were said, I laughed a little. Im sorry, and Im trying to not be rude or anything, but youre wrong astroboy. Youre wrong.

I as well, even though astroboy is 100% right. (And my house is electric btw, so the only time gas affects me is when I huff it.)

Astroboy is 100% WRONG. That's why it's funny.
Probably something else wrong with your house...
Asbestos, maybe? Too close to a microwave tower? Mercury in your water?
Something's wrong, man. Get an inspector out there, post haste.

That whole scene was the worst. It reminded me of something I would have played out with my friends when we were 8.

Seriously? The trash compactor? Han brings that up because he was in one 40 years ago? Why not kill her? All they do is kill stormtroopers?

So now we are supposed to believe that they threw her down the trash compactor because Han was feeling nostalgic (that actually makes sense, considering everything going on in his life right now) and she was rescued before the planet blew up. Okay, sure.

And she was just walking down the hall? Past the closet that controlled the sheild for the entire planet? It's not that it was unbelievable. It was just way too convenient.

Phasma was supposed to be a badass villain and shutting the sheild down was their prime objective. They undid any sort of challenge for both of those ideas.

And let's not forget the "who's in charge?" Moment that reminded me of Carleton getting one over on the fresh prince. That type of banter was painful. I think the only banter that didn't make me cringe was the moment chewie told Han he was cold. It was perfect.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is becoming funny :lol Where is that Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif? Oh well, Jon will do

jon-popcorn.gif

Well, you know....I was told that I was 100% wrong.

I can be max Landis if you all want me too....

I don't really think you're 100% wrong.
I agree some (a lot?) of the dialog in TFA was super corny, and I agree with everything you said about Phasma.
But "better dialog in AOTC" ??? :lol
You crack me up, Astro!

I don't really think you're 100% wrong.
I agree some (a lot?) of the dialog in TFA was super corny, and I agree with everything you said about Phasma.
But "better dialog in AOTC" ??? :lol
You crack me up, Astro!

The thing is, all that stuff in ATOC was at least about showing a character arc. Corny, yes. But it wasn't throwaway banter that felt like it was in the wrong movie. Even that sand line served a huge purpose. Who knows, maybe with a different director, it could have worked?

But the banter from TFA seemed like it was trying to go for a firefly thing.

"You got a boyfriend? You got a cute boyfriend?" doesn't even make sense.

The thing is, all that stuff in ATOC was at least about showing a character arc. Corny, yes. But it wasn't throwaway banter that felt like it was in the wrong movie. Even that sand line served a huge purpose. Who knows, maybe with a different director, it could have worked?

But the banter from TFA seemed like it was trying to go for a firefly thing.

"You got a boyfriend? You got a cute boyfriend?" doesn't even make sense.
Im genuinely asking, but were you thinking that Phasma was supposed to be badass just because she was in metal storm trooper uniform? I didnt really see any promo stuff indicating that she was supposed to be "badass" other than the chrome finish on her suit.

How does that not make sense? Obviously he was interested in her, and attracted to her, it went with what was going on. He was a storm trooper for most of his life, then he got away, and saw a pretty member of the opposite sex who is smart and kicks ass. Hell, I would have done the same thing.

I disagree with you there, showing Darth Vaders fall from grace, and thats what ol Uncle George comes up with when he has the reins? It was in the wrong ******* movie. Huge purpose? What purpose was that? That it was a crappy movie, when it could have been glorious?

The banter in TFA, in my opinion was great. I loved the actors, I loved most of the writing, I thought it was a great over all movie. I liked the tone. Did I think it was perfect? Of course not, but considering the circumstances, I thought it was awesome.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back