Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

He pretty much said the exact same thing for TFA and called R1 "Interesting". He's never effusive but he knows how to manage a company that makes great product that sells. Are you seriously questioning Bob Iger as a CEO?

Well that kind of kills my enthusiasm that they will try on this movie (compared to TFA's supposed play it safe attitude).

I think when it comes to Star Wars movies, just just have to know what you like, and only you. Because to many people have too many opinions on on what is good or bad.
While its great to see a movie get tons of good reviews, I still want to see it myself, because I might think differently.
Like most of the movies that make it to the Academy Awards, I probably won't like them. Like the winner this year, Moonlight, I read what it was about and have no intention to see it.

R1 was a dif story. TFA was basically an ANH reboot, now we have a Jedi being trained by a reclusive master and a large ground battle featuring walkers...sure feels like it's set up to tick off all the ESB boxes. I bet there'll be a big reveal about Rey's parentage too...

I hope I'm wrong and this movie plays it a little less safe. I get why TFA had to do what it did, but TLJ now has elbow room. They should use it.

=cayman shen;4216259 TFA was basically an ANH reboot,

No it wasn't.

It didn't reboot anything. Using the term "reboot" is completely incorrect, as that implies that it is somehow resetting the story universe. TFA had OT characters in it...reprising their roles. There isn't any way that it can be a reboot, since it's a sequel.

Perhaps that seems pedantic. It isn't. We should be more careful about the words that we use, and in turn the thoughts that go along with them. Tagging TFA as a reboot puts people in mind of it being a replacement, when in fact it is a direct sequel. The fact that it had similar elements to ANH (which you acknowleded, and even said that you understood why that was done) doesn't make it a reboot.

There has been talk that TLJ will follow the ANH/ESB pattern--which is all speculation, mixed with some stringing together of one or two stroy elements to try to make the connection that "See.... they're going to do it just like ANH/ESB".

The truth is, we don't know that. And we won't know that until December. So until then we should probably refrain from using phrases like "ESB rehash confirmed" because it just belies a cynical state of mind that rightfully shouldn't exist at this stage.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back