Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Then why are you even in this thread?

I guess I ought to stop pointing this out, but we seem to have a growing problem with people who feel compelled to come onto a thread talking about Ep. 8 and tell us over and over again why they hated TFA, and why they will never ever watch Ep. 8 and so on and on and on.

Just why?

It's fine... don't like it. It's all good.

But why do those of us who have a positive outlook have to hear about it?

Free speech? Yeah, sure...

I think it's something else. i think it's that negativity loves an audience, and since it rarely has one on it's own it has to go looking for one; among those who disagree with it.

Once more.... back to discussing TLJ, shall we? Can we have an end to complaining about how much some people didn't like TFA? This isn't the TFA thread! Go over there and complain if you like... at least it'd be on topic.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252080&highlight=(Post-release)

"Free Speech? Yeah, sure..."
I assume you said that so that my speaking freely here is conditional on it fitting what you see as valid?
Also, I am not part of a growing problem...

Anyway, the point is...
This thread is about Episode VIII , which is a direct sequel to Episode VII
TLJ is directly driven by the characters and events of TFA
So I'm on topic...

If you enjoyed TFA then I'm truly happy for you and I hope you thoroughly enjoy TLJ

In the meantime could I respectfully ask that other people's opinions here are respected, I have an opinion, it's not controversial...
It adds to the depth of discussion...

May the Force be with You

On a completely related note, I wonder if people who were kids when the prequels came out look back at them more fondly then people who were kids when the OT came out

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No.....my son who was born in '99 hates them.....2 new technicians just out of Uni that work with me have tried to erase them from their minds

J

On a completely related note, I wonder if people who were kids when the prequels came out look back at them more fondly then people who were kids when the OT came out

Sure do, even though I acknowledge that they TPM and AOTC aren't very good. They do have their good points though.

lmao! you know i remember being young and there was a ep1 trailer with maul talking " fear, fear is my ally.. the young the weak, the innocent" something like that. i still to this day cant find this trailer, you dont happen to know of it do you?

This?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know with all the dislike of the prequels the times for me were just soo exciting. Especially EP1. I have such fond memories of the excitement and where I was at the time. Talking with friends about how awesome it's going to be. The first trailer I watched a million times. The movies may not be the best but they are nostalgic to me and I'm sure many others. And Maul is still epic. The above trailer was one of my favourites too.

Ben

You know with all the dislike of the prequels the times for me were just soo exciting. Especially EP1. I have such fond memories of the excitement and where I was at the time. Talking with friends about how awesome it's going to be. The first trailer I watched a million times. The movies may not be the best but they are nostalgic to me and I'm sure many others. And Maul is still epic. The above trailer was one of my favourites too.

Ben

That is so true! I remember trying to load the quicktime trailer over and over and over and over, to watch it. I remember the first time I saw the teaser trailer(can't remember what movie it was), and the complete theater erupting in a collective "WHOA!" when Maul ignited the second blade for the first time.
All the while theorizing about how it all might go down with the new trilogy, and then standing in line overnight to get the tickets to the midnight showing.

While the movies weren't very good, the did revitalize the fanbase and became "A New Hope" for more Star Wars.

That is so true! I remember trying to load the quicktime trailer over and over and over and over, to watch it. I remember the first time I saw the teaser trailer(can't remember what movie it was), and the complete theater erupting in a collective "WHOA!" when Maul ignited the second blade for the first time.
All the while theorizing about how it all might go down with the new trilogy, and then standing in line overnight to get the tickets to the midnight showing.

While the movies weren't very good, the did revitalize the fanbase and became "A New Hope" for more Star Wars.
There was nothing like those prequels in film. There still isn't. As bad as they are, in many ways, they were also such a unique vision.

They weren't action movies. They were like a period piece from some other universe

I too have fond memories of that time. It was exciting, it was summer, I was in my twenties and had just met my now wife. It took more than an hour to download the trailer and I watched it over and over. To watch it again fills me with nostalgia yet I struggle to watch the movie.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back