Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Also, I know there was some initial backlash on that Kylo saber, but screw it. I'm 100% on board. The crackle, the cross guards, everything. I'm in.
\

...and in that pic it looks like it actually has a lighting effect on Kylo.....he's lit up red,.....unlike the OT,.....(not so sure about the prequels)...where the sabres actually cast shadows,....being all stick-like

J

Kind of spoilerish in a small way to some people perhaps, but it's in the Entertainment Weekly piece and it's fascinating:

"A new twist to the family drama, the magazine reveals offhandedly, is that Luke's sister Leia now has her own lightsaber… and it's the one that Darth Vader used to use, before his death."

Last edited by a moderator:

B_nSm2ZWEAEAOOU.jpg

Kind of spoilerish in a small way to some people perhaps, but it's in the Entertainment Weekly piece and it's fascinating:

"A new twist to the family drama, the magazine reveals offhandedly, is that Luke's sister Leia now has her own lightsaber… and it's the one that Darth Vader used to use, before his death."

And here Luke's lightsaber surviving was giving me a little heartburn...I'd love to see how the above is explained!

Last edited by a moderator:
And here Luke's lightsaber surviving was giving me a little heartburn...I'd love to see how the above is explained!

I read it the same way you did, but as @Inquisitor Peregrinus points out above, the wording is ambiguous - they may be referring to the same one. It's how Ben described that hilt to Luke, after all.

Wasn't it stated here on the forums that along with an original Graflex, an original MPP was supplied by 3Cell for the production? If true, I think it's clear which one we're talking about. Besides the notion that it survived falling down the shaft AND the exploding DS, it does seem odd that Leia would use such a lightsaber as her own, if for no other reason than because of the evil it represented. I like most of what I've seen so far with this movie, but the idea of these miraculously surviving lightsabers is a bit silly to me.

In other news, looks like the EW article could be interesting but I'm frankly surprised at some of the stuff that apparently is being mentioned. They say they are avoiding major spoilers but some of it seems to be getting dangerously close?

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm wrong in regards to the saber. Reading the article now, it makes things clear.

EDIT 2: Also, is it just me or does the "shroud" or whatever on the beast of burden's head look kinda like a scaled down AT-DP hull?

EP7-30985-1377-1378-04_0.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to see the Lucas treatment. Someone could turn it into a graphic novel.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Disney owns it. I'm sure it will eventually be part of a JJ Rinzler kind of Making of book.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't it stated here on the forums that along with an original Graflex, an original MPP was supplied by 3Cell for the production? If true, I think it's clear which one we're talking about. Besides the notion that it survived falling down the shaft AND the exploding DS, it does seem odd that Leia would use such a lightsaber as her own, if for no other reason than because of the evil it represented. I like most of what I've seen so far with this movie, but the idea of these miraculously surviving lightsabers is a bit silly to me.

In other news, looks like the EW article could be interesting but I'm frankly surprised at some of the stuff that apparently is being mentioned. They say they are avoiding major spoilers but some of it seems to be getting dangerously close?

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm wrong in regards to the saber. Reading the article now, it makes things clear.

EDIT 2: Also, is it just me or does the "shroud" or whatever on the beast of burden's head look kinda like a scaled down AT-DP hull?

http://www.starwars7news.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/EP7-30985-1377-1378-04_0.jpg

Yeah, there was reporting confusion about the saber this morning. She doesn't have her own, she is handed Luke's as we see in the trailer.

Disney owns it. I'm sure it will eventually be part of a JJ Rinzler kind of Making of book.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there was reporting confusion about the saber this morning. She doesn't have her own, she is handed Luke's as we see in the trailer.
I don't know how much of a hand he had in it but part of me feels as if the clone wars was the cumulative vision of star wars. Like it took him 6 movies to finally tell the story he wanted in the way he wanted.

So in my mind, Lucas was finally hitting his stride and I'd like to know where he had intended it to go

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's probably not a scaled down anything.

I think it's a generically-OT-looking piece of equipment. We just aren't used to seeing LFL doing that again so well.

It's probably not a scaled down anything.

I think it's a generically-OT-looking piece of equipment. We just aren't used to seeing LFL doing that again so well.

Or it could be, dare I say it, a full-sized AT-PE head from ROTS (Gasp! He mentioned a prequel!) It could be a non-invasive way of linking the PT to the history of the galaxy in the ST.

Last edited:
I've made my peace with them too, but by not watching them for a very long time. The prequels' Anakin is not at all my Anakin (you know, the one Ben described to Luke!) so I've unfortunately avoided Clone Wars as well to avoid reinforcing their portrayal of him. I've heard mixed things about it though, so I'm not sure how much I'm missing there.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back