Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I really hope that isn't the case.
It sounds awful, doesn't it?

But the fact that they are releasing vader as an action figure with the other TFA figures tells me that something it up.

Even though it's the worst idea since making the enterprise go underwater....

.....wait

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Well, I had rather not known that but there are any number of reasons why Vader would be included. I suspect his legacy will loom over this movie, if not the entire trilogy.
Oh I'm sorry. Is that a spoiler?

I saw it recently in some article on my Facebook feed.

The fact is somebody when to find his remains. We know that from the trailer.

To be a nitpicker about realism - Vader wouldn't have lived for decades in that suit with only one of them. He would've had at least several copies of it.

. . . . but I doubt that's what we are seeing in the trailer. That was almost surely depicting the mask Luke burned on Endor.

How many did he have aboard the Executor, though? :p They would've gone down with it. Maybe some version of his EU stronghold on Bast, where he also kept his other artifacts. Like maybe an ancient Sith lightsaber... :ninja

--Jonah

How many did he have aboard the Executor, though? [emoji14] They would've gone down with it. Maybe some version of his EU stronghold on Bast, where he also kept his other artifacts. Like maybe an ancient Sith lightsaber... :ninja

--Jonah
I don't know anything about the eu nut I remember when we first saw that lightsaber people were mentioning that it's probably some old artifact. It certainly sounds like some older design.

And then when I saw the burnt helmet in the trailer I thought about the idea that someone may take on the vader mantle.

However I PRAY that is not the case

I don't know anything about the eu nut I remember when we first saw that lightsaber people were mentioning that it's probably some old artifact. It certainly sounds like some older design.

And then when I saw the burnt helmet in the trailer I thought about the idea that someone may take on the vader mantle.

However I PRAY that is not the case

I doubt anyone is taking up the mantle. Remember Carrie Fishers daughter was cast for flashback scenes. Im sure this is the case.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some more:

uploadfromtaptalk1439388098801.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439388105605.jpg

Ugh man, I cannot believe we're not getting another trailer at D23. October is too far away. I need another hit.

The production values look brilliant in all the shots but the last two are outstanding. The subtle weathering on that chrome armour and the desert beast! Takes me back to those production stills in the middle of the original "Star Wars" novel. God I loved that book as a youth!

Is that beast in the shot of Rey and BB-8 animatronic? It's awesome.

Also, I know there was some initial backlash on that Kylo saber, but screw it. I'm 100% on board. The crackle, the cross guards, everything. I'm in.

I doubt anyone is taking up the mantle. Remember Carrie Fishers daughter was cast for flashback scenes. Im sure this is the case.

Reel

I also hope there aren't flashback scenes. This is "Star Wars", not "Lost". The closest we've seen to flashbacks are Force visions.

Regarding Vader, there's no reason we won't see him in "Rouge One". That would feel organic. Seeing someone else wear the armor in "Force Awakens" would come off very awkward and clumsy. It's probably a fine line between a film that feels like an authentic entry in the series, and one that feels like merely a very expensive fan film.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back