Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Most of these callbacks wouldn't be an issue or in most people's minds if they had seen EP1 first. (The new generation of fans can see it all that way) Like C-3PO, Anakin built him, it makes sense how he ends up in the hands of the Organas w/ Captain Antilles by the end of EP3 and in turn is with them still in EP4.

Scum and villainy seems like a good enough reason [emoji14]

it makes sense that Jabba would be on Tatooine due to the fact that Han was there in the first place when Ben and Luke hire him. To me it always seemed like Han was reluctantly checking in with his employer but trying to put off actually getting face to face with him, so he hid in the cantina. I'm not defending callbacks for callbacks sake though, that one just never bothered me.
Han was on the run from jabba. He's a smuggler. It makes no sense that he was hanging out in the same planet as jabba.

To me, they missed an opportunity to create some new world fun of pirates and black market smugglers. Google "the walled city of kowloon" and you'll see what I mean

But the other fact is that tattooine is supposed to be the most remote boring planet ever. If there is a bright Centre to the universe then it is the planet furthest from.

From a storytelling perspective, the only reason to go back there for more plot is that there is something mystical about it. Which doesn't seem to be the case
Star wars isn't Battlestar galactica

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Most of these callbacks wouldn't be an issue or in most people's minds if they had seen EP1 first. (The new generation of fans can see it all that way) Like C-3PO, Anakin built him, it makes sense how he ends up in the hands of the Organas w/ Captain Antilles by the end of EP3 and in turn is with them still in EP4.
There is the issue of hiding luke on the same planet that anakin grew up on (or the same farm that his mother lived on) seems like a pretty bad idea

Han was on the run from jabba. He's a smuggler. It makes no sense that he was hanging out in the same planet as jabba.

To me, they missed an opportunity to create some new world fun of pirates and black market smugglers.

Yeah I'm with you really, it was just something I never really thought about but having Jabba be in a busier/seedier area would have been great. I'm not the biggest fan of how a lot of things in both trilogies (and seemingly the movies to come) make it seem like there are 4 planets and 15 people in the whole galaxy (exaggerating of course). I want to see the story of a non-Skywalker/Solo, non Jedi character that has nothing to do with the main stories we've seen. I thought the "Anthology" movies might be heading for that, but I've since been proven wrong.

I always tend to think Luke was the patsy, left in plain sight so that he could be found, Vader finds his son, has no clue that that Padme had twins, and either kills or turns him to the dark side, once that happens Liea gets sent to Yoda to train near the dark side cave in dagoba where the aura masks her own force presence, until she is strong enough in the force to tackle Vader herself.

Of course she messed all that up by getting herself captured by Vader, so they had to go with plan B, activate Luke instead, while scratching their heads as to why a person living on the Skywalker farm with the name Skywalker was never captured by the one person who would get the connection.

So,

Just thinking about all of this today..

Where does Rylo Ken fit into all this? It's clear the "empire" has returned in full force, but where does Rylo come in? The impression I've gotten so far is that it's just random wannabe sith that occasionally gets stormtroopers to work along side him?

I'm just not "getting" much of anything from what's been put out, other than the fact he's just "there"

Rylo? I can only guess that the Sith never died out with Vader and Palpy and there's either some unknown student of one of them,or just some other flunky that carried on i.e. like Maul and Dooku being around at the same time (more or less)

More interesting? Palpy kept a few of the padwans alive as Sith somethings and Rylo is one of their kids..

Hi-res shots:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the walker design. Not as cool as the AT-AT, but cooler than the 3-legged ones from ROTS. I'll give it time and possibly an action sequence to grow on me.
I'm pretty sure the dude in front is Gleeson.
What's with the jodhpurs on the gunners?

So,

Just thinking about all of this today..

Where does Rylo Ken fit into all this? It's clear the "empire" has returned in full force, but where does Rylo come in? The impression I've gotten so far is that it's just random wannabe sith that occasionally gets stormtroopers to work along side him?

I'm just not "getting" much of anything from what's been put out, other than the fact he's just "there"

My theory is that by the end of this movie, kylo will be wearing the darth vader armor

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the walker design after getting a better look at them. Maybe they'll be cooler in action but I never liked the "headless" designs from the PT either.

I'm still getting used to seeing TIE fighters just sitting on the ground...

REB_IA_8278.jpgREB_IA_8364.jpg

This is the Sequel connection that Rebels has been preparing us for...

I'm OK with it at their field bases, but it was weird to have them sitting on the Star Destroyer deck with the Home Depot stocking ladders.
Or when the TIE pilots landed, just to harass a bartender about turning on the TV.

I'm pretty sure they have some sort of weird "stacked" storage/launch configuration, at least aboard ships. I think you get a glimpse of it in the second TFA trailer with the shot of the TIE blasting the troopers in the hangar.

I always tend to think Luke was the patsy, left in plain sight so that he could be found, Vader finds his son, has no clue that that Padme had twins, and either kills or turns him to the dark side, once that happens Liea gets sent to Yoda to train near the dark side cave in dagoba where the aura masks her own force presence, until she is strong enough in the force to tackle Vader herself.

Of course she messed all that up by getting herself captured by Vader, so they had to go with plan B, activate Luke instead, while scratching their heads as to why a person living on the Skywalker farm with the name Skywalker was never captured by the one person who would get the connection.

He wasn't in the Tattooine PD's criminal system yet...plus no Wi-fi

There is the issue of hiding luke on the same planet that anakin grew up on (or the same farm that his mother lived on) seems like a pretty bad idea

That actually makes sense. Vader would never purposely go back to Tatooine because it held bad memories and might reawaken Anakin. He's trying to be Vader and suppress Anakin.

I hope that is not THE new AT-AT, but another type. It looks like artillery vs. the AT-AT with the head and smaller guns.

Since it's very much based on Joe Johnston's concept art, I'm hoping/betting it's from between ROTS and ESB -- an older design still in use out in the fringes where the First Order is likely organizing.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back