Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

What offends me about the lightsaber pic is the fact it's a MR Ep3 FX...

And still has the yellow sticker under the control box!!!

Sickened and appauled!!!

Seriously though... What was the point in these pics? Is Amy a SW fan? Was she trying to catch some ep7 hype?? Just be awkward???

What?

i confused the lightsaber ******** pic with the cover. That one was a bit much and a little too on the nose and not as funny.

Amy is a very brash comedian who loves to break down walls. Personally, I think she's brilliant.

But the point of the pics were to have some fun. Which they were

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Seven-year old me would have thought that Threepio was cooking something tasty and had offered Leia a taste. Kids don't have as dirty minds as adults do.

I am more upset about the movie being in "3D".
3D-conversions suck harder than Amy Schumer.

THIS! Totally agree. Man with so much wrong with the world, this is not something to worry about. I think it's funny and only suggestive to adults. Why would you even go to the effort of accurately explaining it to a child. Make something up... Kids will think it's funny for thousands of non dirty reasons...

And if I know our local cinemas well, they'll show the 3D versions exclusively "because it's awesome" and not bother with the 2D version at all... :-/

As for Amy Schumer, I didn't know her, but by the looks of her, I think what you implied could well be the case... [emoji39]

If you aren't familiar with her, check her out on youtube. She's brilliant. Her 12 angry men parody is wicked smart

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

And if I know our local cinemas well, they'll show the 3D versions exclusively "because it's awesome" and not bother with the 2D version at all... :-/

As for Amy Schumer, I didn't know her, but by the looks of her, I think what you implied could well be the case... [emoji39]
When mad max came out there was only one local screen that had it in 2d.

And it was always sold out

The Leia bikini is one of the more accurate slave-kinis I have seen :thumbsup

Seven-year old me would have thought that Threepio was cooking something tasty and had offered Leia a taste. Kids don't have as dirty minds as adults do.

Yeah. Want to make a film 3D? Then shoot in 3D.

Yeah its been done before....(sort of)

Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars7.jpg

enhanced-buzz-23105-1365554719-0.jpg

ulrl.jpg

Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars19.jpg

Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars17.jpg

J

I wonder if they would've let the Family Guy episodes get made with Disney at the helm. Lucas was pretty cool about letting people make jokes at the expense of his properties (and him). I don't think Disney is likely to be as open minded.

I wonder if they would've let the Family Guy episodes get made with Disney at the helm. Lucas was pretty cool about letting people make jokes at the expense of his properties (and him). I don't think Disney is likely to be as open minded.

It will be interesting to see if the allow Detours to eventually air. They bought
the show and I wouldn't be surprised to see it released at sometime to earn some of that back.

Did anyone post this already? Apologies if this is a repeat or old news....

http://io9.com/adam-savage-just-revealed-a-really-cool-the-force-awake-1719354421

We were talking to Savage about practical visual effects, and the fact that a lot of film-makers (like J.J. Abrams) are returning to practical VFX. And Savage mentioned that he’s friends with Phil Tippett, the creature designer from the original Star Wars trilogy. According to Savage, Tippett was brought back into the new film by J.J. Abrams, to recreate one iconic sequence from the first movie, in particular. “I got to go watch him shoot it,” says Savage. “It was so cool—the old school technology. The oldest school technology: his animation. And it’s beautiful.”
We guessed that Savage was talking about that animated “chess” game, with the weird creatures—and apparently, we guessed right. We’ve known that that chess board would be in the new movie since June 2014, when Abrams tweeted a picture of it. But now we know there will be actual creatures romping around on the board, and that they’ll be created using old-school effects. Hopefully someone will have the sense to let the Wookiee win.

I just want to jump in and point out there has been no effort by LucasFilm or Disney to champion the use of practical effects as being a slight to the PT. Their efforts to point out the use of practical effects correlates mostly with the fact that any genre sic-fi/fantasy film of the past decade look like video games and not movies. There's all this online debate about how practical effects were used in the PT, which is correct, and that somehow Disney is trying to distance themselves from the PT based on that.

All of this effort to bring back practical effects, sets, etc. only for it to be undone by shaky-cam, lens flare, weird close-ups and angles, among a host of other tricks they will use in an attempt to "modernize" the filming style. In the future, it will look anything but timeless. It's going to look very dated.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back