Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Well this picture is online at various other sources as well.

And none of them had the pic before I posted it here. Check out the time index on the site you linked vs. my posting. Mine was first....AND I cropped the pic before posting it, they are all using my cropped pic.

ALL of them are using the pic I posted here.

BTW, I don't care about being first, I just don't want you thinking I stole the pic and was then taking credit.

Last edited:

With 30 years of technological progress (in the SW universe), I would expect things to get sleeker. Even though the Emperor may be no more, and Vader's dead, does not mean the Empire is dead, disbanded, and broke. They would have more technological progression (and money/credits) than the "struggling band of rebels" would.

Not digging the new lid at all.

It almost looks like something from a parody film. It just doesn't work for me at all... it's almost too futuristic looking, like they're trying too hard.

Yes, I see McQuarrie in it, too. While I love McQuarrie's work... I think his artwork works best when its more concept and used to inspire modelmakers (practical or CG). That might be why I don't like the new X-Wing too much either - looks great as a drawing, but doesn't look as cool when its executed. I think this stuff needs a Joe Johnston to take the concept art and make it look more like it works (oh, they did - it's called Star Wars... and now they're rehashing that stuff).

I like the new stormtrooper helmet a lot, it's nice and sleek and really looks good up close from the looks of it too. It has a nice, clean look to it and I bet that it will match the armor quite nicely.

Now I have seen a photo of the actual helmet I gotta say I'm 100% sold on this movie and the people making it.

With the original cast involved, original ships, practical creatures and effects, and designs like this its going to be hard for them to miss the mark.

I feel the sense of excitement about this franchise that got all but washed away after the prequels.

Can you ask your insider friend to make sure they have one with no tube stripes?

Betcha there isn't.....

Well then this aughta get you.... This is a real Stormtrooper for Episode 7.

Since a different pic was already leaked, my insider friend is letting me leak just this one. See the difference?

Now then, are there any doubts that I have seen the other troopers and Solo's wardrobe? (and other cool things)

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of the new helmet. It's exactly how a design should have evolved 30 years into the future. December 2015 can't get here soon enough! :cool

I'm thinking on subscribing to star wars insider again now that production on the movie is in full swing. Think it'll be worth the money?

I'm thinking on subscribing to star wars insider again now that production on the movie is in full swing. Think it'll be worth the money?

There won't be anything in it you can't find for free online, BUT...if you avoid online rumors/info, you'll have a fun, nostalgic shot of SW in your mailbox every month. I haven't subscribed since the SE/TPM days, but I can definitely see the appeal.

Well, I picked one up and glanced through it the other day...

It was mostly prequel behind the scenes shots and background stories about background characters...

No ep7 stuff...very little OT stuff ...

Really odd actually.

It will most likely look like this!

1622171_10202548846702755_2409268909501583779_n.jpg

I like it. I do think it silly, though, to carry over the detail of the screws that used to hold on the ear caps.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back