Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I don't know. Remember, it's ancient FEAR...not ancient enemy......that says to me something from fables, legends, old lore type stuff........something parents scared their kids with. And now it seems the threat is very real....

I don't know...that sort of thing.

Rich

Yeah I have a feeling it won't be Sith.

Yes, The Force was out of balance during the origional 3 movies and during the 3 prequels.
Yet, Together... the 6 movies are balanced.

With the production of another trilogy, there will no longer be a balance between two opposites.
For balance to be restored the final production number of movies must be an even 12.... so we need another trilogy after this one.

And the ancient fear is "Rise of the Gungans".

Double lightsabers? As in dual bladed? Darth Maul style? Those are according to George something the Sith mainly uses, but what does he know :lol

It's not about what Lucas knows. It's about what he wants, and what he wants never stays the same even when all is said and done. Of all six live action Star Wars movies, which one didn't go through any post-release alterations?

I have been suggesting Han dies for the last couple pages.

Hasn't Harrison Ford been trying to get Han killed ever since "The Empire Strikes Back"? I hope that if Han does indeed bite the dust in the next movie that it's not some ALIEN3 "I want out of this series so you have to have it in my contract that my character will die" and more of a Star Trek II "This death scene is worth doing another one of these movies".

It's not about what Lucas knows. It's about what he wants, and what he wants never stays the same even when all is said and done. Of all six live action Star Wars movies, which one didn't go through any post-release alterations?

Oooh ooh I know, I know!! Um Episo, no wait Greedo shoots first.
What about Phantom, oh yeah digital Yoda. Um hmmmm nope, I guess he made changed to them all. *******.

Vader: NOOØ0000øooooooo!

:lol

Ah, the "Balance" thing.

My take is that it's not about numbers, nor about power, but rather about how people relate to the Force, which -- fancy pseudo-scientific terms aside -- is literally the energy of life. In other words, the Force is the very energy that connects the universe and forms the basis for life. The Jedi were not in balance with that. They were sterile, dispassionate, rational, and cold. They eschewed personal connections where possible, and tried to maintain a position of non-emotion. By contras, the Sith were full of passion and fire and wrath, but gave in to total selfishness at the expense of everyone else.

Ultimately, I think the aspect of "balance" is about living in harmony both with one's own nature, and with the universe around oneself. And neither the Jedi of old, nor the Sith did that. Ultimately, that's where I think Luke comes in. Luke --theoretically-- will restore (or has restored?) balance by destroying the Sith (or, I suppose, Anakin did that, technically), but all that did was reset the clock so that NEITHER order exists now, and I think it's ultimately up to Luke to determine how the Jedi move forward. Do they live like hermits? Do they involve themselves with the Republic? Do they marry? Have children? Are they peacekeepers? PeaceMAKERS? Do they recognize a difference between "light side" powers and "dark side" powers, or are things a lot more grey than all that?

I tend to think things are greyer than that, but with a point past which you're no longer doing the right thing, and that ultimately, the Jedi will struggle with finding their way the same way all humanity does. Ultimately our actions occur within context, and it is the context which gives it meaning. Intent, circumstance, etc. determine whether someone acted rightly or wrongly, rather than purely "What method was used?" So, like, what if there's an out of control droid attacking living creatures, and the Jedi zaps it with lightning. Is that evil because it's a "dark side" power, or was that action done for the good of others? For that matter, if zapping the droid will simply disable it, rather than destroy it, perhaps the use of lighting there is the best possible solution? And really, what's the difference between that and firing up your sabre and slicing it in half?

I think the Force itself and how one uses it aren't inherently good or evil, but rather just attitudes along a continuum. Fear is supposed to lead to the dark side, but fear is also a survival mechanism so you know when to get the hell out of Dodge. Peace is supposed to be a light-side feeling (in the sense of "at peace, at rest, calm,") but too much of that can leave you ignoring real threats.

So, yeah, balance. An eternal struggle for humanity in general, and it'd be interesting to see how Jedi figure that out without the struggle between Jedi and Sith playing out.

In a way, it reminds me of the whole Vorlon/Shadows conflict on Babylon 5, where each side had its own agenda, neither of which was exactly" right, "even though one was clearly supposed to be the "good guys" and the other the "bad guys."

Hasn't Harrison Ford been trying to get Han killed ever since "The Empire Strikes Back"? I hope that if Han does indeed bite the dust in the next movie that it's not some ALIEN3 "I want out of this series so you have to have it in my contract that my character will die" and more of a Star Trek II "This death scene is worth doing another one of these movies".

Pretty much. I think he has no interest in making SW films for the next 6 years, so it would stand to reason based on that alone he is likely to be the one to go and the catalyst for the action in this first outing. I don't think that's just for shock value, I can see that making narrative sense.

If Harrison wants to get another Indy or two under his belt (and he admittedly does), he won't be able to fill his schedule with Star Wars films. Remember, humans have a finite lifespan - even national treasures like Harrison Ford.

If Harrison wants to get another Indy or two under his belt (and he admittedly does), he won't be able to fill his schedule with Star Wars films. Remember, humans have a finite lifespan - even national treasures like Harrison Ford.

Maybe they could CGI Harrison Ford. Wonder if Andy Serkis is good with a whip?

Pretty much. I think he has no interest in making SW films for the next 6 years, so it would stand to reason based on that alone he is likely to be the one to go and the catalyst for the action in this first outing. I don't think that's just for shock value, I can see that making narrative sense.

IF they can make it fit the narrative and not be for shock value, I suppose I'd be "ok" with it. But I'd rather they just leave well enough alone and simply relegate him to background stuff for Eps. VIII and IX, instead of killing him off. In a weird way, I'd be cooler with Luke dying than Han.

Mark my words:

There will never be another Indy movie. It just won't happen. The timing won't work, and Ford -- tough as he may seem -- is 71 now. Roger Moore was 58 when he played a near-geriatric James Bond in A View to a Kill. Realistically, unless they've written up a script already, they'll have to write it, do location scouting, props, etc. and all of that could easily take another 2-3 years before shooting begins, putting Ford in his mid-70s. And I'm sorry, but after seeing him in Ender's Game, the man is no longer credible as an action star. he did ok in Cowboys vs. Aliens, but that's because he was riding a horse (which he can do -- he has a ranch in Wyoming), and shooting a gun. But the kind of physical stuff that Indy requires? No. Them days is GONE.

Stick with the Indy trilogy, and leave it at that. Yes, trilogy. :p

Let's face it, at this point Star Wars isn't ever going away. Disney leaves no cash cow unmilked. I'm sure that sooner or later, in one form of media or another, we're going to get to see the expiration dates of all three of them. Let's not rush it.

Let's face it, at this point Star Wars isn't ever going away. Disney leaves no cash cow unmilked. I'm sure that sooner or later, in one form of media or another, we're going to get to see the expiration dates of all three of them. Let's not rush it.

They will all be back in the full Disney rebooot of the franchise sometime after Episode 9.

Mark my words:

There will never be another Indy movie. It just won't happen. The timing won't work, and Ford -- tough as he may seem -- is 71 now. Roger Moore was 58 when he played a near-geriatric James Bond in A View to a Kill. Realistically, unless they've written up a script already, they'll have to write it, do location scouting, props, etc. and all of that could easily take another 2-3 years before shooting begins, putting Ford in his mid-70s. And I'm sorry, but after seeing him in Ender's Game, the man is no longer credible as an action star. he did ok in Cowboys vs. Aliens, but that's because he was riding a horse (which he can do -- he has a ranch in Wyoming), and shooting a gun. But the kind of physical stuff that Indy requires? No. Them days is GONE.

Stick with the Indy trilogy, and leave it at that. Yes, trilogy. :p

Think you're wrong,Ford will take Sean Connery's place the big thing right now is Lebouf (or however you spell it) going crazy once they find a replacement we'll have at least one more IJ with Ford,maybe two if he wants to be "Grandpa Indy"

:facepalm

post-5831-1266121715.jpg

Think you're wrong,Ford will take Sean Connery's place the big thing right now is Lebouf (or however you spell it) going crazy once they find a replacement we'll have at least one more IJ with Ford,maybe two if he wants to be "Grandpa Indy"

Yeah I have a funny feeling the rumors about Ford signing on to do Ep. VII, and ONLY Ep. VII, may have been motivated by a Fedora fetish. I mean he says as much in interviews and for a guy who usually says nothing in interviews, he must really be Dr. Jones'ing.

I breezed through and noticed nobody caught on about a major characters death in the film, Leia, not Luke or Han...
Leia dies giving birth to her and Han's twins. Her death pushes Han over the edge, and he turns to the Dark Side and becomes...no, wait, that's been done. Okay, Leia is taken captive by Sandpeople, and Han scours the Tatooine desert looking for her only to find her moments before she dies in his arms, so he kills the entire village of Sandpe...no, wait...

Pity. I guess he must be doing well enough or something that he doesn't need that paycheck. If it were me I'd do it just to continue to be part of the Star Wars legacy, I'd ask for a few things like 1st class airfare and a decent hotel room and trailer along with my paycheck and maybe be allowed the option of keeping my costume. At the very least being a part of the new trilogy means you can always do the convention circuit and be able to ask for more for appearances and/or autographs.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back