Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I am thinking if I see another SW movie with out or no reference to the Millenium Falcon it would drive me nuts. Don't get me wrong the story has to be great, but the ships have to be epic. Not only the ships but the weapons, the armor , who used what and why, its those detail that keep the franchise alive. It's what sites like this one live for, I am sure what ever they go with as a storyline its not going to make everyone happen. We don't try to recreate the story that's what discussions are for, I watch it and think damn I can make one of those. But that's just me.

I wonder what the state of the Falcon will be in these new movies and how much change will fans have the stomach for? Will we want it to appear just as it did in the OT or will we be accepting of it (potentially) looking considerably different? Maybe Han has further upgraded it in the last 30 years? Maybe he has it all slick and spit shined, like what a retiree might do with a beloved classic car? Personally I'd prefer to see it look virtually the same as it did in the OT, except perhaps with a different radar dish, as a reminder that Lando lost the old one at the end of ROTJ. I'm also hoping that the hyperdrive still doesn't work quite right! lol!

The Falcon is probably up on blocks and Han is living in it like a mobile home after Leia took everything else in the divorce.

I'd like to see Han say something to the extent that he's been trying for 30 years to get the dish fixed but none of the new ones have been as good. Every time he sees Lando, he digs at him a little.

I wonder what the state of the Falcon will be in these new movies and how much change will fans have the stomach for? Will we want it to appear just as it did in the OT or will we be accepting of it (potentially) looking considerably different? Maybe Han has further upgraded it in the last 30 years? Maybe he has it all slick and spit shined, like what a retiree might do with a beloved classic car? Personally I'd prefer to see it look virtually the same as it did in the OT, except perhaps with a different radar dish, as a reminder that Lando lost the old one at the end of ROTJ. I'm also hoping that the hyperdrive still doesn't work quite right! lol!

I foresee him having a new ship that somewhere along the line is destroyed or rendered useless and everyone with him is saying 'is there nothing we can do' type stuff and he says 'well.....there might be something'....and in the ensuing space battle the falcon comes out of nowhere and kicks major butt saving the day.

sitting in front of the boarding ramp on a lawn chair with a can of Corellian Ale

Chewie is off to the side with a banjo

The Falcon is probably up on blocks and Han is living in it like a mobile home after Leia took everything else in the divorce.

I love the idea that it might not have been used for years. So it can be even more run down and the hyperdrive still doesn't really work properly when he eventually takes it out.

Hell, if I was writing ANY of the proposed SW films after watching this and seeing Harrison and Benedict sat together I'd make absolutely certain Cumberbatch was either Solos son or he plays a younger version of Han in a pre SW standalone. Great clip by the way!

PS Check the rest of the interview out, its just as funny,particularly the audience "Empire" scene.

Last edited:

I've seen it posted before, not sure if it was here or somewhere else. If it was here it was quite some time ago, so you're good.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back