Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Kylo's saber backstory..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 146
At the same time what good are these against a real Jedi???

The magnagaurds were programmed to counter jedi styles...

The troops are just regular Joes...

Luke could dismember a whole garrison of non-force-sensative troops twirling batons aimlessly...

I would HOPE!!!!

I think it might not be designed to block a lightsaber, but maybe it gives you a chance to surprise a Jedi. I don't know.

Kylo's saber backstory..

I feel a lot better now. That actually makes some sense, despite how ridiculously unneeded, IMO, that cross guard is.

One thought:the old "Death Star" blew a planet up which is bad enough,but what if this "Starkiller" can actually cause a star i.e. a sun to go supernova? THAT would be a huge step forward and a huge danger.

One thought:the old "Death Star" blew a planet up which is bad enough,but what if this "Starkiller" can actually cause a star i.e. a sun to go supernova? THAT would be a huge step forward and a huge danger.
I think that's exactly what it can do. Think star-system instead of planet, as far as destructive power goes.

More from the EW article..Kylo is so a Solo.

http://www.slashfilm.com/force-awakens-running-time/

Or a Skywalker.... ;)

Either one could work with that tidbit of motivation:

Han/Leia didn't love me enough, or they didn't run things the way i wanted...they followed that baddie Luke so I'm going to get them.

--OR--

Luke didn't love me enough...didn't/wouldn't/couldn't train me in the Force or didn't use the force the way i thought it should be so I'm going to get him.

--OR--

Han/Leia didn't love me enough, etc.. so I left them and looked for Uncle Luke and he wouldn't love me/ train me etc.. so I'm going to get them all.

No way to know for sure till we know... but any of the above could work.

Again, we don't know for sure.

Or a Skywalker.... ;)

Either one could work with that tidbit of motivation:

Han/Leia didn't love me enough, or they didn't run things the way i wanted...they followed that baddie Luke so I'm going to get them.

--OR--

Luke didn't love me enough...didn't/wouldn't/couldn't train me in the Force or didn't use the force the way i thought it should be so I'm going to get him.

--OR--

Han/Leia didn't love me enough, etc.. so I left them and looked for Uncle Luke and he wouldn't love me/ train me etc.. so I'm going to get them all.

No way to know for sure till we know... but any of the above could work.

Again, we don't know for sure.

If he is Han and Leia's son that makes him half Solo, half Skywalker. :) And if Han and Leia are estranged, and based on the rumors and story synopsis, there is no indication they are a couple or even together at the start of the film, sounds like the broken family through line goes straight through them.

I can't help but wonder if toddler Rey stowed away on the Falcon when it went to Jakku and when Han had to abandon it there (still massively curious what prevented them from returning to get it), she got abandoned, too, and when Leia realized what had happened it drove an insurmountable wedge between them. Just a thought.

As to Kylo... I sense strong influence from the Jedi Academy trilogy. One of Luke's students is being influenced by an unseen enemy, goes Dark Side, kills just about everybody and Luke runs away, but Kylo is determined to not just let it rest there. We still know so little about Snoke or his motivations, but my sense is he found Kylo, rather than vice versa. I just keep having flashbacks to Kyp Durron being influenced by the spirit of Exar Kun while at Luke's academy...

--Jonah

I can't help but wonder if toddler Rey stowed away on the Falcon when it went to Jakku and when Han had to abandon it there (still massively curious what prevented them from returning to get it), she got abandoned, too, and when Leia realized what had happened it drove an insurmountable wedge between them. Just a thought.

As to Kylo... I sense strong influence from the Jedi Academy trilogy. One of Luke's students is being influenced by an unseen enemy, goes Dark Side, kills just about everybody and Luke runs away, but Kylo is determined to not just let it rest there. We still know so little about Snoke or his motivations, but my sense is he found Kylo, rather than vice versa. I just keep having flashbacks to Kyp Durron being influenced by the spirit of Exar Kun while at Luke's academy...

--Jonah

We know she was left there at the age of 5. I just don't think having a brother and sister Solo team is where this film is going. I think having a son who has embraced the Dark Side is enough to estrange the Solo's, especially if he felt unloved by one parent obsessed with her political career and another who is a bit of a ne'er-do-well.

So they basically took one of the dumbest super weapon gimmicks from the old EU and put it in a movie. Yawn. Can we just do a movie with a good story that doesn't involve a super weapon?!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back