Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Saw these today.
Havent seen them before.
Sorry if it's old news.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Why do the troopers need weapons to fight lightsabers?

I thought the jedi were all thought to be dead?

This is the first thing I've seen that I really don't like...

We sort of discussed this before. Let's assume the First Order is under Kylo Ren and Snoke. It seems based on Kylo's dialogue they are looking for Luke. Luke has a lightsaber so it would stand to reason to arm you troops with something that could defend them against a lightsaber and we have an in universe weapon already, the staffs Grevious Magna Gaurds used.

If a special squad has them to follow kylo to find Luke... Fine.

But if they have them throughout the movie... Lame.

We sort of discussed this before. Let's assume the First Order is under Kylo Ren and Snoke. It seems based on Kylo's dialogue they are looking for Luke. Luke has a lightsaber so it would stand to reason to arm you troops with something that could defend them against a lightsaber and we have an in universe weapon already, the staffs Grevious Magna Gaurds used.

At the same time what good are these against a real Jedi???

The magnagaurds were programmed to counter jedi styles...

The troops are just regular Joes...

Luke could dismember a whole garrison of non-force-sensative troops twirling batons aimlessly...

I would HOPE!!!!

well, it would seem in the scene in question, it was appropriate for the ST to have that otherwise Finn would have bisected him!

Not to mention that bit that John Boyega let slip about how his legion of Troops were indoctrinated with the belief that Luke was the villain who destroyed the benevolent empire... so clearly there is an awareness in the First Order of lightsabers--and the big baddie they are looking for has one--so as Bryancd has said, having something for the troops to defend against them makes good sense.

And given Kylo's thing about finishing what Vader started -- which was exterminate the Jedi. If that's the overall objective (besides ruling the galaxy) of the First Order, makes sense to have some folks trained to fight any lingering glowstick-jockeys they run across.

--Jonah

1 Minute Ago Nov 13, 2015, 11:27 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)
We got fooled! New clip of today's Disney Behind the scenes shows a few new quick clips but the real standout is a very different delivery and take if the "Chewie, we're home" bit. Totally makes the context feel different. Less gravitas. Helps with trying to figure out why the Falcon is on Jakku.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1F_ernBJKs

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Minute Ago Nov 13, 2015, 11:27 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)
We got fooled! New clip of today's Disney Behind the scenes shows a few new quick clips but the real standout is a very different delivery and take if the "Chewie, we're home" bit. Totally makes the context feel different. Less gravitas. Helps with trying to figure out why the Falcon is on Jakku.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1F_ernBJKs

I think I like this take better. Seems like every clip we've seen so far of Han he has looked like someone just p***** in his Cheerios.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back