Star Wars: Battlefront

Fighter Squadron is a lot of fun, but I do find the Empire's ships to be fairly outclassed. Equally skilled opponents will usually end up with the Rebel winning.

I'm also hoping they add more variety to that mode. I gather that the Bespin DLC will add the Cloud Car and maybe some Imperial ship, but it'd be a lot more fun if you had objective-based gameplay using the fighters. Maybe that's coming in the Death Star DLC or whatever comes after that. Still, it'd be fun if you had similar mechanics, but using a range of fighters (e.g. Y-wings, B-wings, TIE Bombers, Gunboats).

I wish they would do away with the K/D completely so that players would focus on objectives rather than their stats. Many times in Fighter Squadron no one goes after the shuttles because you make for an easier target.
Even with the nerfing of some of the ships, the Imperial ships are still outclassed.
I'm wondering if the single player content will have AI that fights as a group differently than the average online players.

I wish they would do away with the K/D completely so that players would focus on objectives rather than their stats. Many times in Fighter Squadron no one goes after the shuttles because you make for an easier target.
Even with the nerfing of some of the ships, the Imperial ships are still outclassed.
I'm wondering if the single player content will have AI that fights as a group differently than the average online players.

I agree, but that'll never happen. At least in modes like Fighter Squadron or Blast, your kills actually ARE the objective. In other modes, though, it's just a distraction.

I've noticed this a lot, especially during Walker Assault.

The Death Star will be awesome. It's all I want to play now and I forsee me playing just that expansion all the time.

Ben

Geez, I really loved the Cloud City DLC, yet the Death Star is a huge letdown. They made these three beautiful sections of the Death Star but most of the time you're just flying around a Star Destroyer blowing up ships. The Star Destroyer and the surrounding asteroids are nice, yet I want to be inside the Death Star for a Death Star DLC and not just admire it from a distance.

I was assuming it wouldn't matter who'd win or lose on Battle Station mode and that they'd have a way to continue to the next stage. Instead, if the rebels lose, it either restarts to the first stage around the Star Destroyer or gives you an occasional round of Blast... I really got pissed however when it didn't just restart, but actually gave a pointless round of Fighter Squadron around the same Star Destroyer. Why in the world did they add Fighter Squadron when you're already flying around that Star Destroyer most of the time anyway for the first stage of Battle Station?

The trench run is also incredibly annoying. If the computer assigns you for the trench run yet you have little health left, you're immediately killed by the nearest TIE Fighter, or if it assigns you and you're far away from the next checkpoint, you'll be killed while trying to make your way over to it.

Really disappointed. The actual Death Star maps have so many recognizable locations and other little details, and it looks like they may have been using some sets from Rogue One. It's just too bad you can't often play a match in them.

I haven't had a chance to update, let alone play the new DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if things are tweaked in the next few weeks. Or months. Probably months. DICE are slow to fix stuff.

I'm hoping and expecting they'll fix it too. I'd imagine one way is too add more game modes for the Death Star maps rather than just Battle Station, Fighter Squadron, and Blast. Battle Station is the real issue constantly restarting in the same Star Destroyer/Asteroid map.

I appreciate them trying to experiment with new ideas like Battle Station, but it really backfired and turned the Death Star DLC into an elaborate Fighter Squadron. Normally I like Fighter Squadron, but it gets boring very quickly.

I haven't had a chance to update, let alone play the new DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if things are tweaked in the next few weeks. Or months. Probably months. DICE are slow to fix stuff.

Still waiting for DICE to fix the MP issue where you, along with two friends, TRY to join a server - only to end up on different teams and/or different servers altogether :facepalm

I was really mad that the 45 minutes I had to sit down and play was eaten up by stupid fighter squadron games. I much prefer the ground games like blast and I had hardly anytime to feel out the Death Star. My K/D suffered big time flying around and getting destroyed because I have no interest in fighter squadron games. They need to remedy this.

I'm hoping and expecting they'll fix it too. I'd imagine one way is too add more game modes for the Death Star maps rather than just Battle Station, Fighter Squadron, and Blast. Battle Station is the real issue constantly restarting in the same Star Destroyer/Asteroid map.

I appreciate them trying to experiment with new ideas like Battle Station, but it really backfired and turned the Death Star DLC into an elaborate Fighter Squadron. Normally I like Fighter Squadron, but it gets boring very quickly.

Battle Station is the "relay" mode, right? You start in space, then land on the station and fight it out there, then fight another map on the station or something?

DICE will monitor internal metrics and, if they see that most people AREN'T getting to the other parts of the mode, they'll probably change the requirements for it (e.g. make it easier for one side to win so that the mode progresses). Kinda like what they did with the Walker Assault mode after the open beta.

But they'll wait a while to see if the issue is just people being unfamiliar with the new mode and/or flying in general (because, like Sundowner below, they just don't really like the flying modes), or whether it's really a balance issue.

Like, early on, the Endor map was frequently lost by the Empire because everyone is in WHITE and is easily seen. But then, I think, they buffed the walker's health and now it's a relatively even split in terms of win/loss on that map. Plus, people learned the map more and were better equipped to get around.

I was really mad that the 45 minutes I had to sit down and play was eaten up by stupid fighter squadron games. I much prefer the ground games like blast and I had hardly anytime to feel out the Death Star. My K/D suffered big time flying around and getting destroyed because I have no interest in fighter squadron games. They need to remedy this.

I can sympathize with your limited gaming time being sucked down by a crappy round. That said, just remember, K/D matters less than W/L. :)

Battle Station is the "relay" mode, right? You start in space, then land on the station and fight it out there, then fight another map on the station or something?

Yep, Battle Station is the new mode and it has three stages. The first stage consists of the rebels knocking out a Star Destroyer in space similar to walker assault with Y-Wings attacking vulnerable areas after the rebels shoot down enough TIE Fighters. Then the next stage continues to one of three Death Star maps: Defense Sector, Power Sector, or Command Sector (the command sector is my favorite mainly for the viewing room). Afterwards, the final stage is back in space for the trench run which has some ROTJ inspired sections you fly through in a check point system (but if the game assigns you your turn to make the trench run and you're either far away from the next check point or have low health, you're going to be shot down as the TIE Fighters swarm you to stop you).

However, if the Empire wins any one of the stages and stops the rebels, it either restarts back at the Star Destroyer map to start another round of Battle Station or assigns a round of Blast or Fighter Squadron in the same outer space maps. So you could have several rounds in a row of the same Star Destroyer map due to the lack of variety of game modes which has happened several times to me at least. It's probably my favorite Fighter Squadron map, however, this is supposed to be a Death Star DLC and I'd prefer being in the Death Star.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back