Star Wars: Battlefront

Since I hit the rank of 50 and have my shadow trooper armor I haven't really cared about points but today is the last day for double points! I'm hooked on playing Hero Hunt but it absolutely destroys your KTD ratio

So this last week DICE announced they will release one new Battlefront each year for the next 3-4 years. :facepalm
Shouldn't they finish the first one they made? :unsure

QUALITY > Quantity

So next one will be based on the new movies. And any future battlefront i presume will have atleast one based on the prequels perhaps (can already see Heroes vs villains with jar jar on the team)

I was actually planning to get the season pass for battlefront as it seemed like the latest dlc with pancake face was pretty good and fixed alot of issues with balance but dont know if i want to invest in a season pass for a game after reading this :unsure

Then again with the announcement of battlefield 1 i doubt i will have time left as that one trailer already blew my mind and i just cant wait to get into the setting of world war 1.

So this last week DICE announced they will release one new Battlefront each year for the next 3-4 years. :facepalm
Shouldn't they finish the first one they made? :unsure

QUALITY > Quantity

I have 95 hours clocked in the present one, which is probably 90 hours more than I've spend on ANY game in years, so they can release as many as they want.

Also... studios should (and actually really must) work on multiple titles simultaneously using different teams, shuffling personnel between them as needed because that is how you keep the company running without having to lay people off after every game is finished.

I was actually planning to get the season pass for battlefront as it seemed like the latest dlc with pancake face was pretty good and fixed alot of issues with balance but dont know if i want to invest in a season pass for a game after reading this :unsure
Why would them releasing a different game next year stop you from enjoying what they are doing in 2016? (I doubt we'll see a new BF until winter 2017 at the earliest.)

I have 95 hours clocked in the present one, which is probably 90 hours more than I've spend on ANY game in years, so they can release as many as they want.

Also... studios should (and actually really must) work on multiple titles simultaneously using different teams, shuffling personnel between them as needed because that is how you keep the company running without having to lay people off after every game is finished.

Why would them releasing a different game next year stop you from enjoying what they are doing in 2016? (I doubt we'll see a new BF until winter 2017 at the earliest.)

I have a little over 4 hours clocked :D things got old quickly.

That I am very well aware of. Like a concept artist is not really needed except during the first part of making a game and so on. But they still could do something other than remake the same game over and over ;) Mix things up, do a small single player game. Make a co-op experience game. - NO, we make Battlefront.

Battlefront 2017
Battlefront 2018.... etc

Lack of content at initial release and the fact that there is plenty of other games coming out and choices have to be made. If i could i would buy every game out there but sadly i have yet to win the lottery.

I might still buy the season pass for this one tho depending on what the dlc's bring (especially the death star one) but so far my sights are more set on battlefield 1 and the new final fantasy.

Just picked this up for 25$ and I have to admit I enjoyed wrecking X-wings as a TIE Interceptor and vice versa for being a X-wing pilot!

The lack of truly tight rifle mechanics makes me abit upset, but it comes with the Star Wars territory i guess...

I'm KINGMexicant on PS4 if anyone wants to try to stay alive at least 10 seconds...:lol

I picked this up a couple weeks ago, and have enjoyed it. That said, I only paid about $30 through Xbox Live Gold. And I got the version that unlocked a few things right from the start.

Overall, the game is fun, and it's improved since the beta. I'm still not a huge fan of the gameplay in terms of how easily you get killed. Plus I suck with a controller for fine tuned shooting, even with whatever aim assist consoles get. I tend to avoid the DL-44 for that reason, and stick with the SC-14 and the DL-17 instead. I can manage long range sniping sometimes with the T-21B and the Phase Rifle, but I'm only so-so with those.

Many of the maps, though, are...not my style. The Endor maps suck, and I seem to always end up playing them. For walker assault, I very, very rarely end up playing the Jakku or Tatooine ones, and only occasionally play Sorosuub or Hoth. And Hoth Twilight sucks for walker assault (but is...eh...ok for other modes).

Blast is fun if you just wanna kill stuff. Heroes vs. Villains is fun-ish, although I find the blaster-based heroes (especially Han) to be kinda bad. I prefer playing in first person, which you can't do with a hero or villain, so I end up missing a bunch or wasting shots. With Han's pistol (the DL-44) that's not good because it overheats really quickly.

Fighter Squadron I like most of the time, once I figured out how to play it better (hint: SLOW DOWN. You turn more tightly when you do.). Cargo is meh. Haven't played Droid Hunt or Hero Hunt. I liked the "cart will not push self!" mode that the DLC trial let me play, but apparently the entire game mode is limited to the DLC. The DLC itself...eh...not really worth it to me so far. My guess is that the future DLCs will all still be focused around the CQB style maps, and I tend to prefer open style maps like Walker Assault. Some of the CQB stuff is fun from time to time, but the bigger maps are what I do for fun rather than daily challenges or to unlock Hutt Contract things.

Which suck, by the way. Getting 5 3* rankings is a stone cold biznitch for me (because I'm not that great). It mostly comes down to luck on the right maps (e.g. sniping opportunities on a couple specific Walker Assault maps, getting lucky with the shock blaster on Blast or Cargo maps).

Anyway, on the whole, it's not a bad game. There are some guys out there who make it less fun (mostly because they're SO good that they just completely dominate maps -- I'm talking guys who go, like, 30:2 and upwards). But when the teams are relatively evenly matched and you don't have these few hardcore guys basically killing everything, it can be fun.

If anyone wants to join me, I'm SoloLaw on Xbox.

I mean, that's cool and all, but I'm not gonna pay for VR when I can just fire up any of the X-wing games on GOG or Steam. Especially not to use a console controller with. At least let me use my Ace Edge HOTAS for it!

In other news, I continue to enjoy Battlefront, and unlocking stuff has actually made many of the game modes more entertaining. The Endor maps are more fun to play with a fully upgraded jetpack. Having all the guns and most of the useful charge cards upgraded also helps. I've been enjoying Heroes vs. Villains, Cargo, and Droid Run more, as well as Drop Pod, which I've finally started getting the hang of.

About the only mode that I have no real interest in is Hero Hunt, mostly because of how arbitrary it seems. If you get a good powerup and get the kill shot on the hero, you get to be the next hero. Except the next hero can't be the LAST hero, which means you can end up being stuck playing some crappy hero. And I tend to find that, at least on those modes, heroes like Han and Leia are pretty outclassed in comparison to Luke, although I suppose some of it is also luck of the draw. Anyway, I might give it a few more tries, but there's literally only one person who wins the map each time, so it seems like a recipe for disappointment and frustration. Particularly if you do most of the damage but DON'T get the kill shot.

In other news:

- The Shock Rifle is AWESOME. I really, really enjoy using it on the close quarters maps.
- The T21 is pretty good, too, once you get the hang of it.
- As I mentioned, upgraded cards make the game MUCH easier for you. Which only cements my attitude that unlocks in games tend to suck because they artificially alter the skill balance. (E.g. less skilled player with upgrades will likely beat a more skilled player without).
- Some upgrades are kinda worthless. I find the cooldown card to be not that useful, at least in the base form. It doesn't last long enough to be worth it. Haven't played much with the aim-enhancing card, either. Shield, scan, and explosive, though, are awesome.
- I haven't purchased or used the smoke or flash grenades. Can't comment on those. I've been flash blinded before, and it definitely impairs the enemy, but I'm not sure how useful it'd be outside of a single engagement. I've literally never used the ion grenade (which really looks like a droid caller). Scout Pistol is finnicky to use, but useful as a backup weapon. Homing Shot is kinda crap. I almost never use Impact Grenade. Barrage is kinda useful but so far I find the cooldown to be too long to make it worthwhile.
- I got the Berzerker trait, which was a PAIN to get, but actually...doesn't seem super useful. Mostly because I just die so damn quickly. Maybe with an upgraded bacta bomb and (if I buy and unlock it) the Adrenaline charge card. Berzerker is super helpful in the companion app, though, because it makes your infantry invincible, and the companion app has been great for increasing credits to unlock more stuff.

From playing the Outer Rim expansion when it's free, I REALLY enjoy the Extraction game mode (CART WILL NOT PUSH SELF!). And having played a few rounds of other games on the Outer Rim playlist, I actually don't mind it. I'm thinking I might pick up the season pass, but my main concern is that, so far, the Outer Rim is its own playlist. There's no way to mix in other game modes or maps beyond what's in the Outer Rim. The game interface is looking like it will do the same for the other DLC packs, which suggests that the actual player base will become kinda fragmented. Also, I've only played during free periods, so I have no idea what the ACTUAL population playing this stuff is. Do people on this board have the season pass/Outer Rim, and, if so, what can you say about how the population looks at times when there isn't a free trial period?

Understand liking the old games but the VR Star Wars just brings it to another level. I hope that comes out on PC!

About the only mode that I have no real interest in is Hero Hunt, mostly because of how arbitrary it seems. If you get a good powerup and get the kill shot on the hero, you get to be the next hero. Except the next hero can't be the LAST hero, which means you can end up being stuck playing some crappy hero. And I tend to find that, at least on those modes, heroes like Han and Leia are pretty outclassed in comparison to Luke, although I suppose some of it is also luck of the draw. Anyway, I might give it a few more tries, but there's literally only one person who wins the map each time, so it seems like a recipe for disappointment and frustration. Particularly if you do most of the damage but DON'T get the kill shot.

Thats changed now that the person with the most damage gets to be the hero and damage points from other people carry over so the one who was 2nd still has a good chance of getting the next hero etc. So basicly no more luck involved in this mode and it has made it better but still not perfect as i find it to be the less fun. Still it wasnt an easy game mode to do properly but they did a good job. Agree tho that its a shame you cant choose every hero as most of the time i als ofind my fav to have been taken previous round :)

Berserker trait is good especially when i also have bacta bomb. I just miss adrenaline stim as i dont have season pass and that is an extra addition that would help surviving longer. Even in HvV i tend to roll with that setup and also explosive shot. Personal shield for other map modes ofc (dont use explosive shot on regulars only heroes)

Currently playing Outer Rim free. Having a hard time getting some decent games today. Got a 32/11 match yesterday but can't do any better than 15/13 now.

Eh, don't sweat it. It goes that way sometimes. It's a real crapshoot as far as how well you'll end up playing day-to-day because a lot of that depends on your opponents and your teammates.

Fighter Squadron is a lot of fun, but I do find the Empire's ships to be fairly outclassed. Equally skilled opponents will usually end up with the Rebel winning.

I'm also hoping they add more variety to that mode. I gather that the Bespin DLC will add the Cloud Car and maybe some Imperial ship, but it'd be a lot more fun if you had objective-based gameplay using the fighters. Maybe that's coming in the Death Star DLC or whatever comes after that. Still, it'd be fun if you had similar mechanics, but using a range of fighters (e.g. Y-wings, B-wings, TIE Bombers, Gunboats).

After seeing some reviews on the Bespin DLC, I decided to get it (along with the season pass), and I absolutely love it.

The maps are gorgeous and definitely my favorite of the game. The administrator's palace somewhat reminds me of the old Bespin platforms from the original Battlefront. Sabotage is a fun mode too when strategically placing the power ups in the right areas or surprising the enemy circling to the other side of the map. My favorite part however is the carbon freezing chamber. It was so beautifully well done. I liked their interpretation of it considering the oddly placed pipes on the original set which must have been a challenge to try to make sense of.

Yet regarding the original levels, I'm on Endor 50% of the time and it's driving me nuts. Playing as the empire in those levels is ridiculous with the white being such a huge standout target.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back