Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

thanks shaunsheep.
Stay tuned: as part of Sofaking's awesome project building the 1:1 replica of the main console, I have rebuilt my own console model from scratch. A few more details to sort out with it, but I'll be posting an update on that soon.

the green buttons featured on my old panel (which I had colored incorrectly due to an optical illusion, or possibly color blindness on my part) will be a thing of the past. Too bad really, I kind of thought it was a cool departure, on the production team's part, from the ubiquitous blue and white buttons throughout ANH.

thanks falk,

it was this racing chair that got me thinking it could be from a drag racer.

547-100-140-01.jpg

whoa!!! Great find!!!!

With the right upholstering job, a pair of these could stand in seamlessly in a full scale mock up. Actually, I pulled that picture off a website that was selling them. Let me see if I can find it.

I think you're right on! And if all else fails... milk crates or even a couch from the trash compactor will work?

With the right upholstering job, a pair of these could stand in seamlessly in a full scale mock up. Actually, I pulled that picture off a website that was selling them. Let me see if I can find it.

Looking great! I especially love the rendering on the chrome and the lights on the back of the console.
My only tiny nitpick is the smoothing on the upper part of the chair. Shouldn't be too hard a fix, although I don't know how it's handled in your program.

Thanks guys!

Blobvandam, I see what you mean. Really I think those chairs are due for a tear-down-and-rebuild. Man, is there ANYTHING in this cockpit I'm not going to have to remake more than twice? Still, seems worth it!

I still have a few more things to do, but I've been distracted. For one thing helping out a little on Sofaking's great build (Which you need to check out, if you haven't already). And for another: bored one saturday evening, I tracked down the Lars Family Homestead on google earth and imported the terrain into sketchup. I've been steadily building the entire homestead, including a full-scale sandcrawler (I've had the blueprints for the treads sitting around for a while, and finally got to use them). Some of you may remember the model I built of the Lars family garage, well, I'll be integrating that as well (along with the FS skyhopper from production plans, and Luke's model skyhopper which I built by photomatching the original) It's going to be a pretty serious rainy day project. Look out for a youtube walkthrough of the rough draft.

but, enough self promotion, I do need to get back to work on the Falcon.

Thanks again and again, and a thousand times again, for all your guys' kind words and support!

Thanks again and again, and a thousand times again, for all your guys' kind words and support!
Lets consider these thanks will also apply for this present post:

I would like to give you a big round of applauses for the absolutely stunning job you produced so far. I am really amazed in front of such achivement.
Specificaly because I appreciate the amount of work end time it represents as I tried similar exercise in the past...

I am so impressed I registred on this forum just to let you know how much I think you're a genius. And I don't allow myself to MP you as I got many many questions

agh, sometimes indigo is inexplicably grainy. I've been doing some more work on the interior, though, and I wanted to show it off. More to come soon, I hope.

attachment.php

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back