1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

SteveStarkiller

Sr Member
Hi Folks,

It's with great pleasure that I announce this new project. A 1:1 replica of the Millennium Falcon's main console (with ESB details)

Some of you may know about my Millennium Falcon sketchup cockpit thread (which has grown to include the rest of the interior of the falcon, the exterior of the fullscale falcon, and docking bay 94, and which can been seen here)

Recently, fellow RPFer SofaKing01 purchased my model of the center console, which I had designed in sketchup in 1:1 scale from production blueprints, and then which I detailed from screencaps and behind the scenes materials. He has begun the build already, and, even if I say so, the results are looking fantastic (see attachments for more images)

7006986552_269c690d3d_c.jpg

we are also working on a greeble map for the cockpit, and we're hoping to get some help identifying parts.

7153230905_a265b23962_b.jpg

As you can see, we have a few parts nailed. But as rest the rest:

Help us RPF... you're our only hope.

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Gang,

SofaKing01 here (aka Greg). After many years of looking at all the great builds I decided to become a member with the idea that I would tackle something "simple" like a 1/48th X-Wing build. Having built and blown up models as a kid... my 30+ year break was over. Everyone here had inspired me to shake the dust off and get back to building. And for that I thank you all.

I stumbled across Stevestarkiller's amazing 3D model of the MF and it simply BLEW ME AWAY! His attention to detail was mind boggling. How many of us thought we were actually in the MF? Then I remembered the 1:1 scale MF being built in TN - just an hour or so away from where I live... then I got to thinking... HMMMMMM... What if...

I contacted Stevestarkiller and we chatted and before I knew it, I was studying his 3D model of the MF cockpit control panel and made the decision to jump in and build the one thing MOST OF US HERE have dreamt about doing - sitting behind the wheel of the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

With Stevestarkiller's help he was able to get me ALL the dimensions necessary to start the console build. After a few trips to the local home improvement store and only one mis-measurement (GRRRR)... I created the basic shell in just a few hours.

Now... this is a VERY rough shell and there is still an incredible amount of work to do to include the daunting task of identifying any and all parts on the console and in the cockpit in general. I'm hoping to have working switches, lights, throttles and even the working monitor Han used to find the Lando System.

The overall plan is once the console is finished I will donate it to Chris Lee and his full scale MF build. What better way to finish off a project than to send it where it belongs. : )

I hope you guys take the time to drop by and give us tips, tricks and any and all input in helping bring the console to life.

More to come! Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Can I go for a ride when it's done??

This looks to be very promising!

ABSOLUTELY! The more the merrier! I was very surprised at how narrow the entire console actually is. Naturally I had to sit at the console... But it does explain the tight shots when fiming.

LOL you chaps have opened a can all up in here! Only one way to top this.

Hi Gang,

Just a quick note... Stevestarkiller let me know that Chris Lee's full scale MF build is based on the ESB version. As many of us know there were substantial changes made to the cockpit and hull from the ANH version - as the story expanded... so did the prop.

There are several images of the ESB cockpit and console that DO in fact conflict with one another. Stevestarkiller and I have been able to find a few of these conflicts but can use your help and trained eyes. Having built the 3D model with such detail, I can't think of anybody with a more trained eye than Stevestarkiller! : )

Thanks

SK

Oh man, I can't wait to watch the progress of this amazing project!!!!! Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!!

ABSOLUTELY! The more the merrier! I was very surprised at how narrow the entire console actually is. Naturally I had to sit at the console... But it does explain the tight shots when fiming.

No worries. I actually have a fairly slender build. My user name and avatar are all just for show!

O.M.G, This is going to be epic! I'm so subscribed.

Hey Gang! Updates are on their way... I made a lot of progress this afternoon. I added a lip to the inside panels and then attached the top/skins as to keep with the original measurements. I didnt get as far as I would like... I gotta eat...

Tomorrow I will continue adding the top panels, more filler and address the instrument panels. I will also be making the support structure as well. I'm not sure whether to create the actual seat support...

Once everything is finished I have to decide how to skin the panel itself. Stevestarkiller had heard that the designers used solid color linolium / Formica - blacks and greys. Anybody have any ideas? I also have to think about how the switches and buttons will mount. I would really like a clean look - as if its an actual instrument panel. Again... any ideas?

Stevestarkiller has the latest images and he's posting them ASAP...

Thanks

SK

Hope you guys enjoy!

Ive always wanted to have something like this or a Spinner interior, cant wait to see the finished product and the journey to it.:thumbsup

Hi Gang,

I apologize for the delay with getting the new pics posted. I'll be getting them uploaded as soon I'm off work.

Also... I was chatting with a buddy of mine and he seems to think the MF pilots chairs are nothing more than armchairs from the 60s/70s. I did a basic search on Ebay last night and didnt find anything that remotely looked similar... I'll try the vintage furniture sites next.

If anybody has any ideas... PLEASE let us know!

More to come! And again, sorry for the delay...

More updates! Although you can't see much of them... I added support to the main structure along with more top panels, filler and sanding. By the looks of it... that's a console...

IMAG0646.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0650.jpg

IMAG0651.jpg

IMAG0652.jpg

More to come!

Hey S,

Thanks! I still have LOTS of sanding to do to get the edges where I want them. But overall I'm very happy with the shape. Those instrument panels are looking a little lonely...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back