San Diego Comic Con - RPF Meet and Greet

So my plans have fallen through for a place to sleep and shower on Thursday night/Friday morning. Can anybody help me out? Please let me know ASAP, thanks. (the floor is fine)

i havent even booked a hotel yet.....yeah i know....last minute and everything is impossible to book now.......

i wasnt planning to stay thursday night....i wont be there until friday and saturday

Looks like I'll be heading down wednesday afternoon. Looking forward to shooting some great footage for some upcoming episodes! I'll probably spend at least one day just wandering around in my official RPF t-shirt, so keep an eye out.

BTW, there will also be a contingency of people at the Factory Entertainment Booth on Saturday filming a new episode of James Bond Lifestyle Video Podcast....hope to see some of you there...just look for the group that looks like this:

Looks like I may be there on Thursday! I'll have my RPF shirt too!

This is my first Comic-Con, so I am very excited! 'Looking forward to meeting you all!

Sean

Leaving in a couple of hours. Got my RPF shirt packed to wear on Saturday.

If anyones going to preview night, I'll be around in a Super Soldier shirt.

and he owes me and the board 1000 for all the headaches :lol
I guess that means i should just show up at the above mentioned time with a pallet of booze for Art then. :eek lol. :sick

It's my first Comic-Con, first trip stateside actually. I'm happy to abide to tradition and buy the first drinks...
anyone who is making the trip across the pond for SDCC earns a drink on me.

Hope you all have a great time! I was not able to make it out this year sadly, but I hope to see you all at Dragoncon as well.

Oh, and take LOTS of pictures... of everything! Especially if you say anything of Capt's new suit from Avengers :)

One day, if my journey to a better life is complete, and I will earn a couple of bucks more, I make a trip to the US and join SDCC...

I will add it to my To do list...

Here I am 2 hours by car from this event and can't go. Why? Because of this forum for one. Gratefully it has kept me so busy with work I can't leave.

I first went to this Con back in the early 70's as a guest speaker about my make-up effects work in film and TV. I did make up demonstrations and made people and myself up in authentic Planet of the Apes Makeups and more.

I still remember being invited out to dinner by Ray Bradbury at a Deli and sat with the likes of Kirk Alan, Theodore Sturgeon, Robert Block, Jack Kirby, and more. In those days it was held at a hotel. Was quaint and all the stars were very approachable. You guys will never know those days and how different they were before this event swelled to 100,000 plus! Yikes.

My step Daughter, Beth Hathaway will be there on the behave of her long time employer, KNB effects. She is the half brother of Noah Hathaway.

Beth has worked on everything from the first job I ever got her, Alien Nation, to Terminator 2, Jurassic Park and more. She is my proud and greatest success story and has out worked me in the effects business!

She will be with the Super Dinosaur walk around suit she helped build. Go say hi to her from me. She tends to be shy and not realize the great work she has done.

Beth Hathaway - IMDb

bethanthonysmall.jpg

Beth is the pretty one. LOL

You guys have fun amd make sure she gets me a RPF t-shirt!

Steve

I will seek you out today (Friday) at the eFX booth. I'll be wearing the Sucker Punch German Zombie build that I described in the forums. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Parks

Ugh, apparently they moved your booth, so it wasn't where the map shows it. I eventually found it, but too late to meet you guys.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back