San Diego Comic Con - RPF Meet and Greet

ouch, 5 dislikes already....what is there to dislike about the video?

soooo this breakfast/ lunch....i guess saturday is the best day?

I am thinking several came from a single person with multiple accounts as they were almost instant.

This ignorant comment was posted but I took it down as it only proved the guy doesn't know either Kristen or Amanda.

k what is this?using chics to flaunt the videos? You're really sinking to this low to get this thing moving? why don't you get some people who know what they're talking about to interview people so they don't look so clueless and dazed like that other chic who look totally uninterested in what that guy was saying about his deathstar model.
That's all I gotta say.

Who knows. People love to complain.

I know we have gotten some sincere criticism about OTL, but there has also been a lot of people just crapping on it because it isn't what they envisioned, which is funny, because they would NEVER do that to a novice who came in here and showed off their first sculpt. Amanda, Matt and the RPF as a whole are new at this and all learning as we go. While Kristen has been reading the comments and criticisms threads and trying to learn from them, I have little doubt that there will be just as many people who will complain about the work that she does at Comic Con... and all I can say is anyone who wants to complain about any of our video efforts from OTL to the Mattmobile to our Comic Con coverage, is welcome to spend the money, time and effort to create their own videos and send them our way. We'll be glad to post them up.

It's unfortunate that people don't really know myself or Amanda. Both of us are not posers, we are true geek girls who love this hobby and have a passion for it. If this person had bothered to learn anything about me they would have checked out my website ABOUT STAR WARS CHICKor facebook page and learned a little about me. I bet there is a good chance I may have been a SW fan longer than they've been alive :lol And I have been an active part of the SW, costuming and prop building community since '99. I'm definitely not some chick they found to stick in front of the camera who knows nothing of this hobby ;)

so we should be there on friday in our prince nuada and princess nuala costumes. I reaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyy wanted to have my tron costumes done for comic con but life happened lol and I don't really have the time to do them and I don't want to rush them. We've only ever worn the other costumes once so it'll be nice to bring them out into action again lol. There was a point where I didn't think I was going to be able to make it to comic con buuuuut.....it seems that I will be able to. Hopefully lol. We'll definitely pop by to say hi!

I'll be at the Anovos booth most of the con...which I'm pretty sure is sharing some of eFX's booth space??? Booth buddies!!!!

So...I'm pretty sure Amanda and I will be bugging you :)

~Victoria

I am new, but me and my R2 and R5 will be at the San Diego Star Wars Society booth on the Mezzinene at right across from the escalators. Come by and talk droid building!

@Eveningarwen Awesome, looking forward to seeing them in person! Definitely want to get you guys on video!

Last edited:
Ok... final count down!

If you see me, please stop and say hi!
Thurs- Ghostbuster - yeah with all the other 100's of GB, lol
Fri- Rocketeer- I tend to stay out of the dealers room with that costume due to the jacket and the heat.
Sat- Steampunk Vampire Hunter
Sun. Colonial Marine- (trooping with Star Wars Chick)

There's a big Joe's Crab Shack RIGHT behind the Convention center, on the water, might be a good meet up place for lunch one day!

- Jeff

So my plans have fallen through for a place to sleep and shower on Thursday night/Friday morning. Can anybody help me out? Please let me know ASAP, thanks. (the floor is fine)

So my plans have fallen through for a place to sleep and shower on Thursday night/Friday morning. Can anybody help me out? Please let me know ASAP, thanks. (the floor is fine)

Do what I did, park in a parking lot and sleep in your car. :unsure

I'll do that if I have to, but I've got a bad back and more than that I'm worried they'll throw me out if they catch me. (and mostly, no shower. That's kind of gross.)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back