Rogue One Vader costume

What in the holy hell is going on with the R1 Vader costume? Look at the gap between the helmet and chest armor!

98d6635db56d2e1003e883bcf84968f4.jpg

dv30.jpg

This makes me think they are definitely leaning a bit more towards the ESB Vader look. Especially with the way the cape sits as well as the helmet sticking out near the bottom. But I've never seen it protrude that much, usually it's a lot closer to the chest plate.

Spencer.jpgSpencer Wilding, Rogue One Vader

- - - Updated - - -

The chain only covers it in some scenes, in others it's hidden under it. Actually most scenes in ANH besides that one it is hidden under. Go look for yourself.

If I'm correct, I believe the helmet has always been placed outside of the chest armor. It is in ANH, the chain just covers the bottom.

Lenses are amber, more like ANH. Gloves are ANH.

This makes me think they are definitely leaning a bit more towards the ESB Vader look. Especially with the way the cape sits as well as the helmet sticking out near the bottom. But I've never seen it protrude that much, usually it's a lot closer to the chest plate.

View attachment 681845Spencer Wilding, Rogue One Vader

- - - Updated - - -

The chain only covers it in some scenes, in others it's hidden under it. Actually most scenes in ANH besides that one it is hidden under. Go look for yourself.
Very cool, first time I've seen the new actor who physically plays Vader.

I can only imagine if George Lucas was directing this he'd do a CGI Vader!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i always thought it wasn't red eye lenses and that it was tinted lenses and what we see is prowes' skin through the lens making it look like a red tint but in reality its just his skin

i always thought it wasn't red eye lenses and that it was tinted lenses and what we see is prowes' skin through the lens making it look like a red tint but in reality its just his skin

I'm more of a replica enthusiast so any Vader experts please weigh in but from all the old archived photos from ANH his lenses look to have a red tint to them. I thought it was changed for ESB.

http://i.imgur.com/K4KEBzy.jpg

See this just really bothers me, since it makes his helmet look like a costume mask, even though it is. But it defeats the purpose of Vader's breathing aparatus, by having it opened at the bottom. And it is incorrect to how his helmet is engineered. The neck piece, is seperate and whole, this error exposes that it is a face mask. I know this is a very small thing, but I'm surprised they'd allow it. Hopefully this is just a movie mistake, and his helmet won't be wobbling around in the film.

http://i.imgur.com/K4KEBzy.jpg

See this just really bothers me, since it makes his helmet look like a costume mask, even though it is. But it defeats the purpose of Vader's breathing aparatus, by having it opened at the bottom. And it is incorrect to how his helmet is engineered. The neck piece, is seperate and whole, this error exposes that it is a face mask. I know this is a very small thing, but I'm surprised they'd allow it. Hopefully this is just a movie mistake, and his helmet won't be wobbling around in the film.

K4KEBzy.jpg

Major problem. Like the actor was too small for the costume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, and it would literally kill Vader, since there's just a flow of oxygen going through the bottom of his helmet. I mean, I can't say this is being picky, like in some cases. This is really a pretty big thing, unless it's just a movie mistake. I hope that's the case. Like if you even look at this Hot Toy, you'll see when Vader looks up, the neck piece pulls back, since the neck piece is whole, and not separated. The way they have it shows that the face piece is one whole piece and not two separate pieces that come apart. Even though, of course the costume would have one whole face piece, but this isn't accurate to the previous deceptions we've seen of Vader. And even with his other helmets, they'd all have the same engineering, so there's really no way to explain the gap, other than as an error.

mxkgak46arvrlw2pkiwm.jpg

I hope this is just a quick bad shot and not the way it sits throughout movie. Seems this would have been caught early enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more of a replica enthusiast so any Vader experts please weigh in but from all the old archived photos from ANH his lenses look to have a red tint to them. I thought it was changed for ESB.

yeah i always thought the same as well, i think its GINO who said the lens aren't tinted and its prowse's skin color we are seeing. hey i can be totally wrong, wouldnt be the first time :wacko

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back