Rogue One Vader costume

Yes, it is. The armor paint scheme looks to be ESB/ROTJ rather than ANH.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the full picture. Funny thing is, they got the belt spot on.

10-36-20-15192702_10153846485220793_5118311089313051990_n.jpg

I get that the ANH armor has black only on the center ridges and the rest is grey, but we never even see the rest since its covered by the robes, so I think it would look a lot more odd if the armor lacked the black that the ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ armor had.

do you guys think with todays camera the 2 tone face paint scheme is going to look weird?

It depends how it looks on screen. It could stand out more and people who never noticed might notice for first time.

Or it could go unnoticed like it did for the vast majority for years and years.

I only found out about it when I went to repaint my Rubie's Vader about 5 years ago. To 98% of people, its all black.

It depends how it looks on screen. It could stand out more and people who never noticed might notice for first time.

Or it could go unnoticed like it did for the vast majority for years and years.

I only found out about it when I went to repaint my Rubie's Vader about 5 years ago. To 98% of people, its all black.
I'm not familiar with the 2-tone face scheme. Can someone illustrate or provide a reference?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the 2-tone face scheme. Can someone illustrate or provide a reference?

some parts are painted silver, so the cameras back then pick up different tones in reflection, giving his mask dimension. if it were all black you wouldnt pick up all the sharps on his mask

This pic was part of a set of diagrams showing the paint schemes. The gloss just refers to the whole helmet being glossy in the ESB style, where as it was dull finish in ANH.

vaderpaintschemeANH-1.jpg

There's no variation of glossiness on a single helmet. Its either one or the other. ESB and ROTJ are all glossy, ANH is all matte/satiny.

Ok, I know the silver part in his nose and lower face points but do you mean there is a gloss and Matt black areas per your illustration above?

Very interesting!

No, the actual colors are different, though the diagrams greatly exaggerate the amount of difference. The two colors were black and a dark/gunmetal grey.

I think its fine. Then only thing that bothers me is the shiny helmet. Hopefully they make something huge happen in this war, that could dull his armor down to the future ANH look. Probably not gonna happen but there are still chances.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I'm equally curious about Vaders voice in R1. Will this also be more like E4 (faster, angrier) or E5,6 (slower, more thoughtful)?

I think its fine. Then only thing that bothers me is the shiny helmet. Hopefully they make something huge happen in this war, that could dull his armor down to the future ANH look. Probably not gonna happen but there are still chances.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I don't think they pay that much detail to the suit. Look at the ROTS suit as compared to ANH. I think they are happy if it's recognizable as Darth Vader. They know the fanatics, like us, will tear it apart but they are only interested in the bottom line profit so they don't care about those details.

Look how different the TFA Falcon Cockpit was and flown as compared to the OT. I'm sure it was just make it as close as possible and that is good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they pay that much detail to the suit. Look at the ROTS suit as compared to ANH. I think they are happy if it's recognizable as Darth Vader. They know the fanatics, like us, will tear it apart but they are only interested in the bottom line profit so they don't care about those details.

Look how different the TFA Falcon Cockpit was and flown as compared to the OT. I'm sure it was just make it as close as possible and that is good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly!! Im still gonna watch R1 either way so im not worried about how he looks.

Alex

Im thinking that maybe the cape is attatched to a neckseal. That would be why the cape pulls upward into the helmet.

6da460375945699d9d99f3e17f902db6.jpg

A neckseal with velcro closure in the front, and sewn to the top of the cape.
Just a thought.

Alex

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back