Prince (musician) just died

They are saying it might be a drug overdose. Apparently he OD'd a few days back when his plane made an emergency landing. The EMT's administered the "saving shot" at the airport. So there is a good chance it happened again. His people originally said it was the flu, but now are confirming that he took Percocet before taking the flight because of a hip injury he had surgery on a few years back. Problem is, he had to take a lot of the pill to OD. Then the morning of his death he was seen at Walgreens picking up a prescription at the pharmacy. Employees say he was nervous, agitated and pacing around. So we will see after the autopsy just what happened.

If it's true I can't say i'm surprised, percocets are no joke in how good they make you feel and then when they wear off you remember why you took them. Still that would have had to have been a lot of them unless he had other stuff in his system.

It's too bad the airplane overdose didn't scare him enough to keep him alive. He must have been very dependent.

Some drugs are so habit-forming.

Getting "addicted" to painkillers is the planned procedure with some major surgeries. People have to take an addictive amount just to get through the painful recovery, and then gradually back the dosage down later. Withdrawal symptoms are fully expected.

I wouldn't be shocked if Prince fell victim to an attempted withdrawl.

He OD'd on the plane and got spooked enough to back off (or even quit) the drug. That gave him bad withdrawals but also reduced his tolerance a little after several days straight. Eventually he gave in, took another big dose, and it killed him. He wouldn't be the first.

Last edited:
I wish I could comment on the private jet landing due to Prince losing conscious.

Im not a big concert guy as I have the privileged of going to, and flying talent, from gig to gig for free. Prince was a true talent. But with some truly talented individuals, their talent is balanced with some sort of demon or another.

Its sad when you can afford to surround yourself with people who are only interested in fame and a paycheck instead of your well being. We call them clingons.

Well if he OD'd he ain't the first and the world has seen quite a few of them check out that way.

Unfortunate but the way it is,a majority of singers have some major bones in the closet *shrugs*

The story I've heard is that he was taking painkillers to combat chronic hip pain. It's too easy to speculate what he could or should have done - we don't know the full story, we may never know.

Addiction is a powerful, dangerous thing. Pain is, too. Are those reasons or even excuses? I don't know - I'm not one to judge and I don't think most of us here are qualified to do that, either.

I'd rather celebrate the amazing music Prince made. The man was an incredible songwriter, musician and performer. It's wonderful to see the world come together to pay tribute in amazing, often purple ways. Here in Detroit, the Renaissance Center (our biggest, most iconic building) and areas where lit in purple... just as other places did, too.

He was a devout Jehovah's Witness and even went door-to-door. (Because of this, he doesn't swear in songs or play older tunes that are too sexual).
As a kid he was known as Skipper.
At 5'2" he could still play a heck of a game of basketball.
He ticked off Tipper Gore with the tune Darling Nikki (landing at #1 on the PMRC's Filthy Fifteen) - which lead to a music rating system. This didn't bother Prince, he was one of the first artists to release "clean" versions of his albums.
In July 1984 - he held the top spots for movie, album and singles released in the USA.
On his 2013 single, Breakfast Can Wait - Prince used an image of Dave Chappelle impersonating Prince. (wiki)
Prince has enough music recorded to release an album a year for the next century. (story)
Prince is somewhat responsible for YesWeCode and promoting diversity in Silicon Valley (more).
Kevin Smith had a crazy story about Prince (clip).
He released a jazz album called Madhouse.
He was a fan of the TV series New Girl, I just found this strangely delightful - as it's one of only two mainstream television series I watch. (story)

...and I know it's been posted in this thread already, but, man, could he play guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
The story I've heard is that he was taking painkillers to combat chronic hip pain. It's too easy to speculate what he could or should have done - we don't know the full story, we may never know.

Addiction is a powerful, dangerous thing. Pain is, too. Are those reasons or even excuses? I don't know - I'm not one to judge and I don't think most of us here are qualified to do that, either.

I'd rather celebrate the amazing music Prince made. The man was an incredible songwriter, musician and performer. It's wonderful to see the world come together to pay tribute in amazing, often purple ways. Here in Detroit, the Renaissance Center (our biggest, most iconic building) and areas where lit in purple... just as other places did, too.

He was a devout Jehovah's Witness and even went door-to-door. (Because of this, he doesn't swear in songs or play older tunes that are too sexual).
As a kid he was known as Skipper.
At 5'2" he could still play a heck of a game of basketball.
He ticked off Tipper Gore with the tune Darling Nikki (landing at #1 on the PMRC's Filthy Fifteen) - which lead to a music rating system. This didn't bother Prince, he was one of the first artists to release "clean" versions of his albums.
In July 1984 - he held the top spots for movie, album and singles released in the USA.
On his 2013 single, Breakfast Can Wait - Prince used an image of Dave Chappelle impersonating Prince. (wiki)
Prince has enough music recorded to release an album a year for the next decade. (story)
Prince is somewhat responsible for YesWeCode and promoting diversity in Silicon Valley (more).
Kevin Smith had a crazy story about Prince (clip).
He released a jazz album called Madhouse.
He was a fan of the TV series New Girl, I just found this strangely delightful - as it's one of only two mainstream television series I watch. (story)

...and I know it's been posted in this thread already, but, man, could he play guitar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Enough music for an album a year for the next decade? I think you mean Century. I have heard he has enough to release an album a year for the next 100 years.

Enough music for an album a year for the next decade? I think you mean Century. I have heard he has enough to release an album a year for the next 100 years.
Oops - I did a lot of typing there - I was bound to mess something up, the story did have the correct info - I'll edit my original post.

He needed both hips replaced and since he was a witness they don't do blood transfusions so the surgery was out.

I don't even want to think of the pain he went through in daily life.

Again what a terrible loss.....

Oops - I did a lot of typing there - I was bound to mess something up, the story did have the correct info - I'll edit my original post.

He was amazing,....i remember that I could hardly keep up buying his albums......releasing one nearly every year,....I don't know any other artist like that

J

SNL is doing a tribute tonight.

And in other news...

KanyeAlive_zpsxyxtv296.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back