Prince (musician) just died

OH My God......will miss his energy...having seen him a few times in concert......So Sad.....Just Like the loss of MJ....YOU WILL BE MISSED!

I never was a fan of his or his music but I can respect the influence and legacy of his work. I mean, say what you will, but I still admire the soundtrack for Batman just for how jarring it was.

Also, Chyna died? SCANDALOUS!

Batman soundtrack is really great, and mostly the only Prince songs I know. Saw that Chyna also died. While I know nothing of wrestling, I knew these deaths come in 3s.

Not a big fan, I like some of his work, but I also recognize the huge talent he was, and how important he was to so many people. A real shame.

Here's hoping Fred Armisen does a tribute to Prince on SNL this weekend.

ArmisenPrince_zpsccwh7ymf.jpg

He was bigger than everyone you just mentioned there. Only other artists in the 80's that could match his level of fame were Jacko and Madonna. Whether you liked him or not that's not really up for debate.

You sound like a rabid fan,all I'm saying is don't forget the rest of the people who made the era great,it's not just Prince,Jackson,U2 or whoever your pet favorite is,if it was the 80's would have sucked.

Thing is I'm glad they all were there from the guys I liked to the ones I didn't,from Iron Maiden to Prince they ALL made the 80's the only ones who say it was this one person is rabid fans and publicists.

And I think music is better then ever,there's so much good new stuff it's amazing if you just dig a little.

All I'm gonna say,I just felt the need to vent my opinion.

You sound like a rabid fan,all I'm saying is don't forget the rest of the people who made the era great,it's not just Prince,Jackson,U2 or whoever your pet favorite is,if it was the 80's would have sucked.

Thing is I'm glad they all were there from the guys I liked to the ones I didn't,from Iron Maiden to Prince they ALL made the 80's the only ones who say it was this one person is rabid fans and publicists.

And I think music is better then ever,there's so much good new stuff it's amazing if you just dig a little.

Why? All your post are really not appropriate for a thread discussing his passing. You didn't needed to vent, you are being a d@#k. The guy dies and it's your opportunity to shower us with your opinions about '80's pop music?

Last edited:

Not a rabid fan, but I definitely respect his talent and his contributions to the music world...and I'll take the music of the 80's over the joke that is the music business today, but to each their own.

And I'm pretty sure Iron Maiden didn't help shape the 80's. Just venting...
Then you weren't paying attention. I'm not a big Maiden fan, but there is not denying their impact on (heavy) music. Their albums from the 1980s have sold over 45 million copies and have had hugely successful tours during that decade. Maiden shaped the 80's for many. Having hit tunes on pop radio and videos on MTV isn't a reasonable measure of success - especially for a metal band.

Prince was an amazing artist and he will be missed. I'm kicking myself for not seeing him when he came around last year - even if I had to pay scalpers prices. He definitely had an impact on me.

My wife and I saw Prince twice on the same tour back in 19wheneveritwas because our seats for the first show were behind the stage and not particularly good. To his credit, Prince made sure to come to the back of the stage and perform several times just for those of us in the cheap seats. I can't say I was (or am) a big fan, but he was very talented and put on one helluva show whenever he performed.

Wow at a loss for words, I almost went to the Atlanta show with a friend

Another musical icon as well as genius gone WAY TOO SOON :(

I think this thread is not the place to discuss taste. Because that's just what it is: a matter of taste. I'm also not a big fan of him, but nobody can deny he's an icon. Not an icon I admire, but an icon nevertheless.

Even if he wasn't well known: passing at 57 is just too early. Prince, or every other person... Prince's passing comes in the news because he was famous, but that's how the world works. Just a shame that someone dies at 57. Also a shame that music looses someone like him, whether you like his work or not...

I think this thread is not the place to discuss taste. Because that's just what it is: a matter of taste. I'm also not a big fan of him, but nobody can deny he's an icon. Not an icon I admire, but an icon nevertheless.

Even if he wasn't well known: passing at 57 is just too early. Prince, or every other person... Prince's passing comes in the news because he was famous, but that's how the world works. Just a shame that someone dies at 57. Also a shame that music looses someone like him, whether you like his work or not...

Rants aside I'd like to know just what caused him to croak,I had a friend up and die on me a couple years ago at the same age-saw him one week fine,called to ask him something the next and gone heart attack that kind of thing leaves you going "WTF,over?"

So honestly it sucks he died like this.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back