Popeye ,the sailor man...my version anyways...

thanks guys.

the arms will be able to reuse, the jaw and nose will not.

all the molds are done i making a new core for the arms...i am trying to make a collapsible core for the arms.

hope to run all the foam next weds....

Wowzers!

I myself have always wanted to do a Popeye costume but never really knew how to handle that chin. Thanks for the inspiration, now to get my buddy to work on his Wimpy...

yep,............slowly but surely hoping to run foam next week...i bought some popeye stuff from premiere prop auction ,still waiting on it......mainly for the olive oil dress...

arm molds for popeye...playing with collapsible core molds......my first one...makes life easier when trying to get the casting of the core.
001-138.jpg

What a smart key way with the hand pieces! This is a super fun project, your sculpt is awesome, I can't wait to see it done!

And dear lord, those sailor pants in that concept art are severely badass. I hope your costuming reflects it, that's some sweet fashion.

thanks, man. my clothes are going to be closer to the cartoon version, i bought some navy bell bottoms for the pants.

thanks, guys..i am working on it, make up test next week if i can find the time. i plaqn to do the old age make up with the chin and nose.

hope to have the hands done next week too.

BTW mrbungle, I have to say how much I like the way you've not only rendered Lee Romao's artwork into 3D, but stayed so faithful to it while making it work with your facial structure. That's not always an easy thing to do. (y)thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back