Popeye ,the sailor man...my version anyways...

This is looking fantastic! About the arms: I would recommend thinning the wrists as much as possible. This will help the forearms look bigger... plus no matter how much you work out, wrists just never get very big.

This is looking fantastic! About the arms: I would recommend thinning the wrists as much as possible. This will help the forearms look bigger... plus no matter how much you work out, wrists just never get very big.

I thought the same thing, but I think the wrists he made are inline with the original artwork. It's the style I guess. Still I might have made them a bit thinner myself.

When I was 5 Popeye was the most kick butt fighter in the world!
Seeing him come to life in the 21st century is going to be awesome!
Do you have someone to make the clothes for you?
Any plans on a upper body appliance?

This is to good not to be filmed and shared with the world.
I can see it now...(Film pitch)

A sailor with a pure heart and ideals goes out to sail the seven seas. One day his boat gets attacked by pirates, his crew is killed. The attack has left him battle ravaged, wrist shattered to dust, upper lip caved in, and eyeless. Left for dead, he floats to shore and is nursed to health by a girl named Olive at her brother Wimpys' home. After removing the arm cast from the sailor it is revealed that his hands have fused to his forearms. Although freakish in appearance the calcified fusion of bone has given him massive striking power. Months pass by and Wimpy trains him for revenge. A man hardened, by his training, and his near death experience he is revealed to be Popeye. He goes searching for the pirates who took his crews' lives. He grows tougher and tougher. Olive tells him to forget the past, and move on with his life; He refuses. The legend of his search grows until the head pirate Bluto, takes matters into his own hands. Popeye returns to find Olive kidnapped. He finds a note to meet him at the docks, and to come alone. This brings things to a boss battle to end the movie.

I don't know where the spinach comes into play. Maybe he had low iron after being lost at sea or something?

Your work looking awesome! Keep it up!

Last edited:
thanks for the kind comments , guys

I thought the same thing, but I think the wrists he made are inline with the original artwork. It's the style I guess. Still I might have made them a bit thinner myself.

yeah,as far getting the popeye look, in the cartoon the wrist are thin and in the sketches i am using for reference they are really thick with huge hands , i am trying not to get the robin william's popeye look. his arms look like balloons.

here is the olive nose......nothing to fancy.........will be done in foam latex...
001-135.jpg

That is wonderful! Looking forward to seeing this! Get ready... you know someone in Hollywood is getting ready to bring back/reinvent Popeye! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back