Peacemaker on HBO

I was really hesitant to watch this but after the first 4 episodes.... It's fraking great!
I rewatched The Suicide Squad before starting Peacemaker and I think it's the most enjoyable DC movie yet. Though it's pretty tough to place this in the same universe as MOS, BVS or any of the other banal entries so far.

Also any scene with Eagly is pure gold.

They also do an amazing job of making it look like a real eagle and at times it is really hard to tell if it it real or not

and the real life inspiration for Eagly

Thanks! I am glad to hear all that. I didn’t want to commit to the show if it was just going to be a whole season of Gunn leaning into his more nihilistic instincts.
There is definitely a transformation going on with his character, in a good way

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the show but I've liked Cena in his roles with comedy. Been recommending it to my friends but its a 1st season show on HBO so very adult at times just to let people know.

yeah only two pages on this?

Tho to be fair, this is my first time jumping in here.

GREAT show... and that intro gets funnier every episode as the characters develop....

Just watched episode 6 and was genuinely bummed when Sophie Song got butterflied.

And this show made me like Jon Cena... which is crazy!

I love James Gunn.

In Bumblebee there are lots of Cena improv. We get to see some of that here.

He is so concrete on some levels, but get's dad's extradimensional room like water off a duck's back. How many of us know what we know, but then seize up to a new concept, no matter how simple?

We started watching right after the SandPeople dance scene from Book of Boba er, Mando. It was the bath we needed.

Less hairband music please. Less stupid moment during a pivotal scene; it is getting old.

Still fun to watch. I am tired of the heroes sparing bad guys who kill again and often, and this show takes that idea in the opposite direction.

Holy crap, what an episode!!

John Cena is KILLING it in this. Absolutely killing it. He’s proving to be a pretty damn good actor, not just an action-type guy in this.

Man, I love this show!

I had heard about this show and finally binged it last night and I was blown away. I did not know about the new Suicide Squad movie until I started watching the first episode so I watched that before going any further and I was hooked. Can't wait for the last episode and am hoping for a second season.

Holy CRAP!!!

Hoping this thread gets going, even though the first season's over. I expect a few to get interested & give it a shot after hearing about the ending.

Holy CRAP!!!

Hoping this thread gets going, even though the first season's over. I expect a few to get interested & give it a shot after hearing about the ending.

Holy CRAP!!!

DC confirmed season 2 within minutes of the release of this episode, now's the time to introduce even more people to the show to prepare them for that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back