Peacemaker on HBO

Not a DC fan.

Haven’t watched the newer Suicide Squad film.

Like John Cena.

Wasn’t at all interested in this until I had a trailer that wouldn’t stop playing in a browser, and while trying to get it to stop actually paid a bit of attention to it and thought “Huh? That looks kinda fun.”

So I read the plot synopsis to the second film on Wikipedia, and watched the first episode tonight.

Holy. Crap.

It’s amazing. It was utterly hilarious. Even the title sequence was ridiculous.

I didn’t watch episodes two and three because I think my wife may be interested in it, but man, it had me hooked!!! Looking forward to the rest of it.

This show doesn't deserve to be this good lol.

Never liked Cena as an actor/personality but this show, character and the writing has completely turned me around. He def found his voice.

Just binged the first three episodes today. I enjoy it a lot.

Regarding Peacemaker's helmet, do you think it's spray chromed like Alumaluster or is it vac metalized?

Just binged the first three episodes today. I enjoy it a lot.

Regarding Peacemaker's helmet, do you think it's spray chromed like Alumaluster or is it vac metalized?

I would have to guess vac metalized, but wouldn’t rule out that it’s more metal than not.

I can’t remember for the life of me where I saw it, but Cena had it with him in some interview, and the person doing the interview had it for a second and commented on how much heavier it was than they expected.

So who else noticed his address? :D

peacemaker.jpg

Watching this and Righteous Gemstones finally scratches that itch for real adult shows with real adult and action humor. Makes me miss Ash vs Evil Dead

Gemstones first season was amazing.

This season though? It’s amazing-er!!! I don’t want to spoil anything in case anyone hasn’t watched them all yet, but the scene with the blood on the floor? I haven’t laughed that hard in a while.

I really wasn’t interested in watching this. I thought “The Suicide Squad” was a vast improvement over the original, but, frankly, I wasn’t digging Peacemaker.

I get the idea that it’d be fun to make a protagonist a smug, self-righteous arrogant hyper-patriotic *******, and give him enough skill and muscle whereby his mouth writes checks that his ass can cash. But honestly, I just wanted to see him dead by the end of the movie.

Without spoiling anything, does the show play around with that at all? “You have every reason to hate this guy, but we’re going to give you context whereby even if you still don’t like him, you may find some things about him to like?”

Or is it more James Gunn black humor, “This guy really is a 100% complete and total *******, but we’re nonetheless happy to use him so long as he’s on our side.”

Gemstones first season was amazing.

This season though? It’s amazing-er!!! I don’t want to spoil anything in case anyone hasn’t watched them all yet, but the scene with the blood on the floor? I haven’t laughed that hard in a while.
I've only seen the first episode, but the God Squad needs to cross over into Peacemaker.

I really wasn’t interested in watching this. I thought “The Suicide Squad” was a vast improvement over the original, but, frankly, I wasn’t digging Peacemaker.

I get the idea that it’d be fun to make a protagonist a smug, self-righteous arrogant hyper-patriotic *******, and give him enough skill and muscle whereby his mouth writes checks that his ass can cash. But honestly, I just wanted to see him dead by the end of the movie.

Without spoiling anything, does the show play around with that at all? “You have every reason to hate this guy, but we’re going to give you context whereby even if you still don’t like him, you may find some things about him to like?”

Or is it more James Gunn black humor, “This guy really is a 100% complete and total *******, but we’re nonetheless happy to use him so long as he’s on our side.”
I am just going to say that in the first few episodes he has a LOT of reflective moments where I get the impression that he’s really questioning pretty much everything about him that’s made him what he is.

Without ruining (I hope) anything, there’s a scene where he’s alone, crying, and talking about how nobody likes him.

He also is VERY reluctant when told that a couple of his targets may be children.

Finally...you very quickly see that his father is a TERRIBLE human being, so it’s no real surprise that he’s turned out the way he has.

I get the distinct impression that this show is going to essentially be a redemption arc, where by the end we will have a hero, instead of an anti-hero/pseudo-villain/villain.

I am just going to say that in the first few episodes he has a LOT of reflective moments where I get the impression that he’s really questioning pretty much everything about him that’s made him what he is.

Without ruining (I hope) anything, there’s a scene where he’s alone, crying, and talking about how nobody likes him.

He also is VERY reluctant when told that a couple of his targets may be children.

Finally...you very quickly see that his father is a TERRIBLE human being, so it’s no real surprise that he’s turned out the way he has.

I get the distinct impression that this show is going to essentially be a redemption arc, where by the end we will have a hero, instead of an anti-hero/pseudo-villain/villain.
Thanks! I am glad to hear all that. I didn’t want to commit to the show if it was just going to be a whole season of Gunn leaning into his more nihilistic instincts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back