Official accurate Tie Pilot hose search thread - with reward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it to be automotive fresh air duct hose or rear window defroster hose. I found this at jcwhitney.com. It comes in 2" and 2 1/4" ID. Here is the item decription. "Bendable, non-collapsible, heavy-duty hose. Tough rubberized fabric, reinforced with spiral wire insertion. Easily cut and shaped without kinking."

Click on the image for a larger pic.
View attachment 6728

That is a very good find... Have you nailed it... I belive it looks damn close. Good enought for me.

Besides the TIE helmet hoses, the correct hoses on the AT-AT Driver helmet is also tough to ID. Sure hope to find enlightenment in this forum.

Anyone ever figure out what the right stuff is?

Is it the duct hose that firespray found close?

I would be really interested to see what came of this.

Thread author has edited out his original post and renamed the thread to "delete". Normally that's the author's call, but in this case, a reward was offered and lot of folks pitched in to help ID a found item, only to have the offer edited out and the information sequestered.

So I'm not deleting it, sorry. You ask for public help and offer reward, then both the promise and the research remains public. I certainly hope the information will be shared, in the spirit in which all this help was given.

Since Gino had already removed all of his posts, he's done all the damage he can do to this thread, so it's now reopened for everyone else to continue the discussion.

What a selfish thing to do!! I hope the research continues and is shared.

I have some pics of the original hose I'll post up once I find it.

FB

On second thought, go ahead and start a new one, guys, and just link to this one for reference. The thread title can still be changed by the author if it isn't locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back