Official accurate Tie Pilot hose search thread - with reward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kid, my mom had a hair dryer that had a hose like that (not black, but thin plastic, rubber, or something over a wire coil). This is the days before the little handheld units we know now. Just a thought.

Another thought, since Shepperton Design Studios "AA" manufactured fish ponds, perhaps the hose was related to pond, water pump or irrigation purposes?

Doug

After researching this route, I found that none of the "flyer" related are spiral helix shaped, just ribbed, in other words the ridges are not connected.

Doug

Think I found it.
tubeme.jpg

Well, maybe not. It looks too thick/heavy duty.

Last edited:
After researching this route, I found that none of the "flyer" related are spiral helix shaped, just ribbed, in other words the ridges are not connected.

Doug

My first link has a spiral wire. The other links are old ones I had from when I was looking to repair a vintage oxygen mask. I didn't even notice the ribs were seperate and not a spiral on them.

My first link has a spiral wire. The other links are old ones I had from when I was looking to repair a vintage oxygen mask. I didn't even notice the ribs were seperate and not a spiral on them.

Yeah, I think they made them that way for more flexiblity.

BTW, I wasn't nixing the first link just the flyer related, and I am finding out the scuba may be a wrong track too. It looks like ducting, venting and perhaps water are the right routes.

Doug

Based off Gino's ref. photos it definitely looks like rubber due to it's mat sheen. Also, it looks very thin as you can see creasing in between the spirals (ribbing). I think the plastic/ pvc just looks wrong, it is too thick and too shiney. I would say it is some kind of ducting for a low temp. application because the rubber actually looks quite thin and flimsy.
Looks like ducting for venting for a vehicle like a heavy duty truck or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back