NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's *NEW LED's* 12-21 pg.21

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's ( THERMOFORM TEST PAGE 2)

That's not to say you can't be thinking a few steps ahead as you design the new parts though :)

-Gary

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's

There was an interview with the head of development on these, and the plan is to roll out new shoes every year with slight advances over the next four years until they get to 2015, and at that point will hopefully have fully functional laces. So they are working on them.

I thought the Nike MAGs would have REAL power laces like in the BTTF movie, or am I mistaken? don't be so quick to shoot it down, i'm not so sure it's purely cosmetic.

EDIT: oh turns out no, that was false advertising (perfect replicas lmao) and I saw what some auctions ended at... yeah I wanna hear where u can get these other replicas u mentioned. Nike can **** off. If you're making, i'm buying. There are people out there making power laces prototypes tho, should look into that too, that'd be totally bawss otherwise I can incorporate it

There was an interview with the head of development on these, and the plan is to roll out new shoes every year with slight advances over the next four years until they get to 2015, and at that point will hopefully have fully functional laces. So they are working on them.

I would LOVE to see that interview!!!!

does he say if they will be publically available or is this gonna be stuff for only the MJF foundation again

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's ( THERMOFORM TEST PAGE 2)

Excellent job so far! I can't wait to see them done! :D

the guy is actually a girl :lol
she worked two years or so to find a way to put all the stuff required for power laces into the sole, so i guess she won't say very much about what to do and what you need, as she wants to sell her shoes
I mean, once it's on the market, anyone can take it apart and find out for themselves. I have my own theories but I only just found out about this like 3 months ago. I'd keep my eyes peeled for more vids

A good step forward today. I went to Home Depot to find the "pink foam" to sculpt my "last" (term for the shoe form...thanks Java ;) ) but they didn't have any so I went across the street and bought $8's worth of floral foam. As we all know floral foam is NOT the best to sculpt in but I gave it a try anyway.

After I got the "last" to a decent, but not perfect form (since I will eventually be using the pink foam), I decided to thermoform some craft foam and see how it looks. Well...it looks damn good (for a test).

Then I want to see how the fabric would lay over the form so I glued a swatch down.I wanted to see the fabric going the correct direction. And I'll be damed if it didn't come out good:

Again, this was a test. BUT moving along!

Dsc03284.jpg

Dsc03283.jpg

Dsc03281.jpg

Dsc03282.jpg

Dsc03286.jpg

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's (9-23-11 BIG UPDATE PAGE

Jedifyfe you are way faster then I am right now but very nice progress. I am still waiting on my new markpoons to start with. The compare pics are showinh that the sole is quit near to the original. Are you also going to use markpoons or do you want the construct a new one?

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's (9-23-11 BIG UPDATE PAGE

Yes I am going to use Marks shoes as the base and build up the upper shoe. Someday I would like to create the entire shoe.

Here is a little more progress. I had the elastic and I wanted to see how it looked under the fabric.It looks pretty darn close to the real shoe. I also wanted to see how much of the shoe I could form.

Here it is:

Img_0221.jpg

Img_0223.jpg

Img_0222.jpg

Img_0224.jpg

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's (9-24-11 BIG UPDATE PAGE

That looks excellent!

Can't wait to see further updates!

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's (9-24-11 BIG UPDATE PAGE

I think somebody already figured out the fabirc for the shoe in the big Nike threat...let me look it up.

Edit: Haha you already figured out it was similar to the 1978 Superman weave

looking good..theres a nice 3d model of the shoe you can reference. if you look closely at the actual shoes in comparison to markpoons the nike mag logo and rear strap look a bit more round, almost like a comic sans font, as apposed to the sharp edges on marks. Also, the nike swoosh extends pretty far back..

Back 4 The Future

Are you going for the 4 LEDs for each colour on the side or sticking with the 1 I've seen on the other conversions?

Good question. The bubbles on Marks shoes are too small for all 4 LED's of each color but I found some smaller LED's, so I will try for 2-3 of each color

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back