NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's *NEW LED's* 12-21 pg.21

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's

Thanks again. I will be dying the entire 2 yards of fabric and then going from there. I will do some more tests with the elastic strap and when I get the new shoes, i'll post the "teardown". :)

Very nice !!! Gna sell either pair??? If ur r am totally interested! Just shoot me a pm. How did you work the lights in on the upper side? Didn't understand other threads on how they did it!

If you want to test the color of the fabric you dye to make sure it's accurate you're welcome to send a swatch to me and I'll check it against one of the retail shoes. Assuming the retail shoes are accurate in color to the screen-used ones.

If you want to test the color of the fabric you dye to make sure it's accurate you're welcome to send a swatch to me and I'll check it against one of the retail shoes. Assuming the retail shoes are accurate in color to the screen-used ones.

I might do that. I have a pretty good recolection of how they looked when I held them at the NIKE event, but memory fades.

As Gary suggested to me, I think I will get one of those shoe horns and try to thermaform the toe area and test that. Then cover it as well to test that idea out.

Last edited:

YEP...Thermoforming works like a charm! Once cooled the form is even more rigid than the original foam...excellent!

Img_0217.jpg

Img_0219.jpg

Img_0220.jpg

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's ( THERMOFORM TEST PAGE 2)

Wow !!!

You will finish them till the end of this week !!! :lol

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's ( THERMOFORM TEST PAGE 2)

I'd like to see some electronics savvy guys give their input on this, particularly about making working power laces. :love

Just so I get this straight, does thermoforming mean vacuumforming?

Masterful work as always, Brad! Can't wait to see the final product!

Awesome stuff Jedifyfe! I'm so looking forward to how this pans out. :)

"Good luck, we're all counting on you."

Just so I get this straight, does thermoforming mean vacuumforming?

Somewhat the same thing...Thermo (heat) forming... He shapes it with heat but without vacuum suction.

I'd like to see some electronics savvy guys give their input on this, particularly about making working power laces. :love
There are already independent inventors working on prototypes and they're quite far along to having them work without being external. Not sure they're out of testing/improvement phase yet but i'm networking with them for a few months now.

Love the thread title, nice work so far!

It'd be awesome if that can actually be incorporated into these shoes. Nothing says flipping the bird to Nike better than coming up with a version of the prop that's actually fully functional. :lol

does nike own the rights to power laces?

I will not be trying to incorporate the self lacing technology into these. I want to first make an accurate looking shoe and go from there.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back