Paragon is my new favorite company!

Movie Magic

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just had to post this. I've ordered 4 props from Paragon over the last month. The Blade Runner Blaster, Batman 1989 Grapnel, Batman Bat Glyph, and Wizard Of Oz Ruby Slippers. I am astounded at the quality of these products. First of all, the presentation. They all arrived in their own unique box and the artwork and quality of each is amazing. This is what every replica company should be. Then the props themselves! Wow! The amazing attention to detail is breath taking. Flawless. I am beyond excited to see what they will produce next. I plan on ordering all the Jurassic Park props when the Cryocan is released. Outstanding job Paragon! :)

Awwww, very kind of you to say this. You've picked up a nice variety of goodies!

Lots of cool things coming. In fact, the cryos, The lost boys bottles and the 89 bat gas capsules are all due in the next 30 days! Just the way it worked out. Numerous other pieces are in production (more on that soon) and we'll be announcing multiple new partnerships in early 24.

We're workin' up a sweat! Again, thanks for noticing! Made me smile.

-Rylo

Awwww, very kind of you to say this. You've picked up a nice variety of goodies!

Lots of cool things coming. In fact, the cryos, The lost boys bottles and the 89 bat gas capsules are all due in the next 30 days! Just the way it worked out. Numerous other pieces are in production (more on that soon) and we'll be announcing multiple new partnerships in early 24.

-Rylo
I think a '95 Sonar Batarang would be the perfect announcement in 2024 Rylo

;)

E9Hk7ugXIAItrad.jpg_large.jpg

I think a '95 Sonar Batarang would be the perfect announcement in 2024 Rylo

;)

View attachment 1768345
Ha, I know you love it! I like it too.

We're planning some videos regarding what goes into working up our line-plans. We'll get into the logistics of how some things make it to production and some don't and why...factory compliance, territories, materials, how much time is left on a license, etc. all factor into the decision making process. I groan out loud about 10 times a day, "I just wanna make cool stuff, man." There's a ton of hurdles on each and every project and we do want to share with you guys so more on that soon, too.

-Rylo

Ha, I know you love it! I like it too.

We're planning some videos regarding what goes into working up our line-plans. We'll get into the logistics of how some things make it to production and some don't and why...factory compliance, territories, materials, how much time is left on a license, etc. all factor into the decision making process. I groan out loud about 10 times a day, "I just wanna make cool stuff, man." There's a ton of hurdles on each and every project and we do want to share with you guys so more on that soon, too.

-Rylo
We appreciate anything you are able to share with us plebs!

Looking forward to that Dune Hunter Seeker, whenever that is due out.
Funny you would mention that. I opened our latest factory sample earlier today! It's close to being right; almost there.
I'm gonna make a note to discuss this one in an upcoming video. The replica itself is fine. It's made of aluminum, brass and acrylic.
You guys will like the price point. I'm just not crazy about the stand, to be completely honest. We've got a meeting scheduled for next week to make some changes.

Sometimes it's the simple things that hold a run up. Since we don't take cash for anything until all the developmental hurdles have been cleared, this really allows us to take our time and make sure everything is right.

I've said it before, I swear this job is like deadliest catch...but with props. Obstacles everywhere!

Big DUNE fan myself. Thanks for mentioning the seeker. It'll be dialed in soon.

-Rylo

-Rylo
You're crushing it! So glad it made you smile! Can't wait to see what you release next. I'm already eyeing several pieces. With the Blade Runner license, will you be releasing the Agent K blaster from Blade Runner 2049? You're the only one I believe could pull it off perfectly! :)

Last edited:
Funny story about the hunter seeker, Rylo . . . back in the 80's, there was a competition in high schools across the nation to come up with costume and prop designs based on the novel Dune. It was tied to a promotion for the upcoming Dune movie. The hunter seeker scene was one I did story boards for, and I built a model of how I interpreted it, among many other designs. Got third place and received all kinds of cool swag. Then the movie premiered and I had the opportunity to attend. Hung out with David Lynch, Kyle McLaughlin, Dean Stockwell, etc.. Once in a lifetime experience. So . . . . of course the hunter seeker has a special place in my heart. Me on the left at the premiere, age 16. :)

Attachments

• 78799745_10216182185132887_4505958058337239040_n.jpg
    78799745_10216182185132887_4505958058337239040_n.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 66
Regarding K's gun. The short answer is yes.

We're catching our breath; it's been a very busy 24 months of Blade Runner. We've done the hero, the model kit, the water guns and the Spinner Emblems (Due next month) In addition to all of our to all of our other product lines.

I'd look for updates on K's gun in 2024. Our relationship with Alcon is a long one. As always, the best way to stay in the loop is to subscribe to our newsletter. That's where we'd announce things first.

Funny story about the hunter seeker, Rylo . . . back in the 80's, there was a competition in high schools across the nation to come up with costume and prop designs based on the novel Dune. It was tied to a promotion for the upcoming Dune movie. The hunter seeker scene was one I did story boards for, and I built a model of how I interpreted it, among many other designs. Got third place and received all kinds of cool swag. Then the movie premiered and I had the opportunity to attend. Hung out with David Lynch, Kyle McLaughlin, Dean Stockwell, etc.. Once in a lifetime experience. So . . . . of course the hunter seeker has a special place in my heart. Me on the left at the premiere, age 16. :)
This is a fantastic story! Thank for sharing that. Do you still have the model?

Saw Kyle in Orlando last year and he was still pulling huge crowds.

Last edited:
This is a fantastic story! Thank for sharing that. Do you still have the model?

Saw Kyle in Orlando last year and he was still pulling huge crowds.
All of our models and artwork were shipped to LA for judging for the competition. We never got them back. I have pics of the spice harvester and ornithopter I kit bashed somewhere.

Regarding K's gun. The short answer is yes.

We're catching our breath; it's been a very busy 24 months of Blade Runner. We've done the hero, the model kit, the water guns and the Spinner Emblems (Due next month) In addition to all of our to all of our other product lines.

I'd look for updates on K's gun in 2024. Our relationship with Alcon is a long one. As always, the best way to stay in the loop is to subscribe to our newsletter. That's where we'd announce things first.

Awesome! Thanks for the response. So pumped about this. Definitely subscribed to the newsletter. :)

I am astounded at the quality of these products. First of all, the presentation. They all arrived in their own unique box and the artwork and quality of each is amazing. This is what every replica company should be. Then the props themselves! Wow! The amazing attention to detail is breath taking. Flawless. I am beyond excited to see what they will produce next. Outstanding job Paragon!
I have to agree fully with ALL of these sentiments. PARAGON FX is everything that a Replica Prop Company should be and more!

So far I’ve been able to acquire their BLADE RUNNER Blaster, WIZARD OF OZ Ruby Slippers and JURASSIC PARK Cryo-Can and, wow…I just can NOT praise them enough. I’m VERY excited to see what they do in (hopefully) many, many years to come. Great job, guys!

Attachments

• IMG_9477.jpeg
    IMG_9477.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9480.jpeg
    IMG_9480.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9481.jpeg
    IMG_9481.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9476.jpeg
    IMG_9476.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
Wanted to tack-on about Paragon FX. I received my Lost Boys Blood Bottle. Quite happy with it.

Personally if the price was dropped like $50, it would have been an instant purchase. The $400 price tag definitely had me on the fence.

Overall I’m very happy that this replica even exists. I did not expect to see a quality replica of this prop in my days of collecting. So obviously I could not resist, haha.

Until the glamor shots are taken, here is the in-hand (minus the blood).

IMG_4113.jpeg

I’m also very excited to see some of the upcoming Blade Runner props. Thank you ParagonFX for such a fantastic prop I can now add to my small but much loved Lost Boys collection.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back