NIKE MAG Knockoffs

I have to echo what Frosty said. If they turn out to be horrible you'll have god knows how many pairs on your hands. I knew what I was getting with the Nikes was not just an expensive pair of shoes, but history and that special feeling of opening a pair.

I reckon for you, it won't be much of an issue as you can be arsed to modify them and sell them on, but if get a modified pair of poons arriving at my door with a tatty yellow box and charger that blows the arse off the LEDs it will be money down the drain as I have my pair of modified poons already.

I'll just have to take a hit and get some next month when I can afford it and pics have been released.

I dont understand why people are ordering them without even seeing them its ridiculous! Talk about desperation. I guess you'll all whinge when they turn out to be horrible copies as well

I dont understand why people are ordering them without even seeing them its ridiculous! Talk about desperation. I guess you'll all whinge when they turn out to be horrible copies as well

Or they'll turn out great, and we'll have scored at $100 a pair and you will be wishing you'd gotten in before they doubled or tripled in price.

I'll agree with #1 as well.
Granted in China, the same mold I was going to buy in AU was about 1/3rd the price, but still you don't just do short runs (1500 pair like NIKE did) with that kind outlay. That said, NIKE now have their molds, so could do more shoes in the future if they need to.

This is part of why I'm surprised Nike didn't do a mass release. The costs of molding + a limited run = very expensive shoes. They've got the molds kicking around. I suppose that would clash with the whole "limited" thing, and everyone who paid thousands for theirs would feel ripped off.

Chinese bootleggers don't have to worry about 'limited edition' integrity. If they have a mold ready, I'd assume they'll keep pumping out shoes so long as there is demand. They're not going to turn their nose up at people throwing money at them.

Wow you just put all of us silly folks in our place, now dincha...

It's not desperation. It's enthusiasm and hope that they'll be something much better than what's currently available and well worth the $100 risk to have them sooner rather than later. If they suck, then the $100 can be saved via a CC chargeback since they were advertised using pics of the real MAGs. I'm not sure how this logic evades you.

As others have already said, the whole mystery of the "will they won't they?" Is half the fun. Yeah, they may turn out to be crappy copies but I and others are loving the anticipation.

I'm excited to see what these will be like too, but maybe not as enthusiastic as others since I own the real deal.
There is nothing wrong with taking a gamble and buying up multiple pairs, so long as you are comfortable with knowing you may not get what you are expecting.
I personally want to see the actual product with review first.

Wow you just put all of us silly folks in our place, now dincha...

It's not desperation. It's enthusiasm and hope that they'll be something much better than what's currently available and well worth the $100 risk to have them sooner rather than later. If they suck, then the $100 can be saved via a CC chargeback since they were advertised using pics of the real MAGs. I'm not sure how this logic evades you.

Some people don't know how to think logically. And like you said, it's really not that hard to dispute a cc charge.

Haha you're talking about thinking logically when dropping money on things that you've never even seen before? Every buyer wants to see what they're buying before they put down the money. to buy blind is stupid. So I think your logic is flawed on that one. Dont get me wrong i think it would be great if these mags were pretty much identical to the real thing but i Highly doubt that will be the case. It IS out of desperation, you can sugar coat it as out of excitement and enthusiasm but we all know that its because we all want a pair of mags that dont cost the earth like the ones nike released, but still look like the real thing.

Yep. And if I refused to order stuff based on stock photos alone, I wouldn't eat in fast food restaurants.:cool:cool

Exactly, and quite honestly, use of stock photography is commonplace when selling product. I'm a photographer for a company who just released an entire new color line. We had no samples in hand, so I had to go into photoshop and alter existing colors so we could show something to dealers and for our website. I won't mention the company or product, but we are a pretty big player in our market.

I have faith about these shoes based simply on the fact that these Chinese companies can knock off a 99% accurate Yeezy, Jordan or Foamposite shoe and those are WAY more difficult of a shoe to make.

Mcbaine, you have your opinion, which I can understand but I think that it's stupid not to have bought at least one pair at $80 rather than $225.

The biggest reason I see people so skeptical is because of the V1 MAGs. Those were thrown out into the market without even a shred of marketing or research. They were originally priced at $35-$40 each.

I agree with Alex, the wait is killing me but it's fun.

I personally want to see the actual product with review first.

Given you own a real deal pair, I was kind of hoping you would buy these so you could give us a true a/b comparison. I'm sure when they ship these, there will be numerous video documenting of the quality, but it would be really nice to be able to show the quality up against the real deal.

Anyway, 6 days to go.

I emailed one of my pre orders seller with a single question: Are these shoes exact copies of the nike mags released by nike with the same materials, colors, shape and lights?

And they replied a few later saying. yes

One of the other sites, talking about prices, told me they didnt know the exact price at the beggining since the shoes were still in production (and should be by now in the packing process) but that they will give me the best price

they also said on their site something like "pre order style".

I have great expectations about these .... and yes this is really funny!!!

I have seen this too and this is the only thing that niggles at me. What exactly is meant by "pre order style"?

Remember that this translated from Chinese. My take on this is that they normally do not have "pre orders" but this particular sale is a "pre order" there for the sales are in a "pre order style" or "pre order fashion"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back