NIKE MAG Knockoffs

All that says to me is that there are now 1509 pairs of Nike MAG's out there. :lol

Exactly. Why not paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa whilst he's at it.

If he's made a scratch build pair to graffiti, then all the power to him. These were a limited run (and from what I read yesterday) that won't be repeated anytime soon if ever, so that is just wrong IMO.

Exactly. Why not paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa whilst he's at it.

If he's made a scratch build pair to graffiti, then all the power to him. These were a limited run (and from what I read yesterday) that won't be repeated anytime soon if ever, so that is just wrong IMO.

Wait, what did you read yesterday?

I still like what they did here. It probably doubled the value for the right customer.

Wait, what did you read yesterday?

The article was probably 12 months old, but Tinker himself states that NIKE have no interest in releasing the MAG as a general shoe to the public. It was originally created as a movie prop, then released solely for the purposes of fund raising.

I still like what they did here. It probably doubled the value for the right customer.

I am sure anyone actually wanting MAGs would want them in their original form, not as this 'customized' form.

The reason I am believing the MAG won't ever be released as consumer shoes (apart from price) is that is not actually a sports shoe. It serves no purpose apart from looking cool. NIKE is (supposed to be anyway) about performance.

Little ot here, does anyone remember who offered the Blu-Ray compilation disc of all of Nike's promo vids for the Mags?
I lost my copy and want another...

Good point Cavx about Nike's mission statement conflicting with plans for a mass release of the Mags.

Considering the 2011's were only inspired by the movie, i'd be content if they released some more functional Mags. Sacrificing lights would be fine with me.

Little ot here, does anyone remember who offered the Blu-Ray compilation disc of all of Nike's promo vids for the Mags?
I lost my copy and want another...

There was a BD on these? I want one too :love

Good point Cavx about Nike's mission statement conflicting with plans for a mass release of the Mags.

Considering the 2011's were only inspired by the movie, i'd be content if they released some more functional Mags. Sacrificing lights would be fine with me.

If they did/do release these without lights etc, it would not matter as there are plenty of talent here that would install them. I personally don't care for lights and why I faked my EL with reflective tape.

Used my test sole to see if the MPs could accomodate a rebate. Looks good. MUCH more room to work with.

And i'm looking to have cast, clear, one piece soles by next month to fit the MPs. Wish work wasn't getting in the way.

IMG_2012-09-16175244242.jpg

those look great.

the kmag midsoles are curved from the sides, do you think its worth cutting into them from the sides?

ps, I came across these if anyones interested.

Nike Court Majestic White Gym Red - RMKstore

Nike Court Majestic (tennis classic) in team red/white. I got a pair of these as they are the closest thing to a mcfly style nike bruin at the moment. I think they are the same almost as the ones Mj Fox wears in Spike awards teaser trailer remake. Yeah, they aren't bruins, but they look pretty good as mcfly style.

they look quite good. you can get them in blue too.

those look great.

the kmag midsoles are curved from the sides, do you think its worth cutting into them from the sides?

Well, I only cut into them to give more room for the el and to bring the MPs closer to the real ones. If you want greater accuracy and you intend to do lights then go for it.

What material are the Kmag soles again?

those look great.

After you remove the black rubber sole you should be able to do the same on your K-MAGs as the K-MAG is essentially a re-cast of the MP-MAG.

Airair, did you send me an email about MAG patterns the other day?

Its a youtube video for the release of the new version of k2 mags with lights movie accurate with all detail included. Check out link.. release date November the shoe company said..

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back