NIKE MAG Knockoffs

ok, i found some bullseye 123, but not in spray form, only in the tin, but its a 1l tub, which is quite a lot. I also saw a few others by the same manufacturer, bullseye 123 is water based while the other ones are solvent based and oil based.

Zinsser UK - mjs1

does it matter which one is used? Reason is that the only one available in spray form is the oil based one called "Cover Stain".

Let me know if you think any of these are good or not.
thanks
craft paint is from Johanns craft store the bulls-eye 123 primer you can buy at lowes or home depo the pics you have are not the same paints i have please look again at the pics i sent you to better guide you good luck mannnn.,

craft paint is from Johanns craft store the bulls-eye 123 primer you can buy at lowes or home depo the pics you have are not the same paints i have please look again at the pics i sent you to better guide you good luck mannnn.,

hi

those pics are of tinned versions of the sprays. So the Bullseye 123 in the tin form is the same as your spray.

Unfortunately you can't get bullseye 123 in spray form here in the UK. Zinsser only sells it in 1litre and bigger tins in liquid form.

Its the same thing as the spray can i've been told, its just a bigger quantity.

As for the bullseye 123 primer, you said its a "latex water based" primer.

So instead of spending a huge sum on a big tin of the stuff, i'm first going to try looking for similar latex water based primer spray's that are already in the UK.

Just have to ask now to see which ones are similar.

I found these so far but not sure if they are latex water based. Both are stain sealers in white.

http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---4568/pccode---3621
http://www.wickes.co.uk/stain-cover-seal-spray-paint-white/invt/602117/?source=123_74

http://www.ronseal.co.uk/products/multi-surface-primer

If anyone knows, let me know.
I'm pretty sure there is an alternative to bullseye 123.

Last edited:
Hot glue hold OK? I used contact spray adhesive and had mixed results. I am thinking of using a super glue next time.
Yeah its holding well enough for now, ill use something stronger next time though

As for the foam, it definitely shouldn't be in contact with the floor. But as its been said, you wouldn't really be able to remove the sole very well, plus it is meant to be a prop. If you're that worried then paint the foam and maybe lacquer? You'll definitely have a protective layer anyway :rolleyes

Yeah its holding well enough for now, ill use something stronger next time though

As for the foam, it definitely shouldn't be in contact with the floor. But as its been said, you wouldn't really be able to remove the sole very well, plus it is meant to be a prop. If you're that worried then paint the foam and maybe lacquer? You'll definitely have a protective layer anyway :rolleyes

I am even thinking about exploring the 2PAK primer option as that stuff is tough, flexable and a nice light grey. Applied with a roller and you get the pimpled effect as well. So unless it eats the foam, it should be good.

I am even thinking about exploring the 2PAK primer option as that stuff is tough, flexable and a nice light grey. Applied with a roller and you get the pimpled effect as well. So unless it eats the foam, it should be good.

Yeah, I'd do a test patch first dude. Say on the inside shoe, as in here on the left shoe
( )<--
[]

Either way, let us know how it goes

Yeah, I'd do a test patch first dude. Say on the inside shoe, as in here on the left shoe
( )<--
[]

Either way, let us know how it goes
Will do. First thing though is the clear soles. The elastomer was supposed to arrive on Friday, but didn't, so hopefully tomorrow.

How do you guys plan to stich the upper material.

the real nike mag looks like it has a complex stitching.
The new collar is made of 2 pieces - an outer and an inner.
I have not found the material I want to use as the liner for the outer part yet. I'll have a go at hand stitching myself, then turn the part inside out to hide the stitching. The stitching of the collar to the upper will be hidden by the ankle strap. The inner part will probably just be glued in place, not 100% sure yet.

yeah, ive been trying to work my head around how they stitched this thing.

slbfg.jpg

it looks like the main grey material was stitched inside out up until a tiny bit to the white upper material.

then on top of that, it seems like just the upper ankle bit has a doubled layer covered with the grey material.

I'm not following, what's strange about that? It looks like it's sewn together the same way anything else with a liner is.

Yeah it appears to be like a double skin which is joined in the middle. I am not that concerned about the inside because like the K-MAGs, mine will have visible stitching on the collar which I hope will be hidden by the strap.

I'm not following, what's strange about that? It looks like it's sewn together the same way anything else with a liner is.

yeah, but the stitch seam stops suddenly halfway up, and the rest of the upper white part is glued to the grey fabric i think.

so if stitching from the inside out, its slightly more complicated.

need more pictures really to make an accurate replica when stitching, especially without the machinery they use.

yeah, but the stitch seam stops suddenly halfway up, and the rest of the upper white part is glued to the grey fabric i think.

It probably is because the wires run through there from the battery (which I think is stored in the ankle buckle).

so if stitching from the inside out, its slightly more complicated.

need more pictures really to make an accurate replica when stitching, especially without the machinery they use.

The white part is stitched on (and glue is used just to keep things smooth inside) from what I've been able to gather from my reference materials.

Nothing funky about that seam at all, you're seeing things. :p

-Nick

The white part is stitched on (and glue is used just to keep things smooth inside) from what I've been able to gather from my reference materials.

Nothing funky about that seam at all, you're seeing things. :p

-Nick

im not sure, the upper white part seems glued on directly to the grey fabric where i've pointed out that the stitching ends.

Maybe someone has some high quality zoomed in pics of it to clarify.

Last edited:
In this shot, you can see what appears to be the stitch width between the grey and white portions. Notice how the white and grey both "peak" upwards at semi-regular intervals. I would expect glue to create a completely smooth bond.

Screenshot2012-05-27at124040PM.png

-Nick

In this shot, you can see what appears to be the stitch width between the grey and white portions. Notice how the white and grey both "peak" upwards at semi-regular intervals. I would expect glue to create a completely smooth bond.

Screenshot2012-05-27at124040PM.png

-Nick

yeah, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

also, thats defnitely an extra layer of foam or something for that doubled up grey upper piece. it seems like they added that in to strengthen the ankle area.

on the kmags, its just a thick foam filled upper which isn't even high enough and too rounded, and the ankle strap barely fits on properly all around.

i hope that kmag v2 is a improvement otherwise they should give up!
why do they waste money making rubbish replicas when they have the proper equipment!

Hi pal

is there any news on the 2nd version of the k mags, i bought a white pair and i think they look cool, but we`d all love a pair that looks real - saying that, if i had the money i`d love a genuine pair, but those of us with very little cash can only hope the v2 look better than the v1 :)

take care all

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet, either end of this month or next month, a new version is coming out (thats what the wholesaler said).

They are not sure how accurate it will be, but its definitely coming out i've been told. I've been scouring the web, and have emailed many of these dodgy chinese wholesaler knockoff sneaker websites who've been selling these k mags, and just a few of them (not all of them), say they are expecting a new replica copy of Nike Mag in next month.

I just hope its got clear soles and toe area fixed, and is as close to the original. Hell, if they gave us the shoe unbranded without any nike logo on it, i'd be chuffed.

That's why i haven't messed around with ripping up any of the kmag bits yet, other than starting on creating that mold of the ankle buckle and then hopefully the heel cup.

I just hope they are better than these 1st generation kmags. :confused

If not, we might as well crack on with ripping up these kmags and modifying them.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back