NIKE MAG Knockoffs

I got an email saying that the new version is already on it's way! and they offered me a refund and or the new pair that they are getting in 3 weeks

Is it just me or are all the under armor shoes ripping off Nike? take a look at these, Lebron James 10 shoe(pic on the right) copies per chance?
That is nothing new and has been done for years. Lynx have been ripping off both NIKE and REEBOK designs for years.

I got an email saying that the new version is already on it's way! and they offered me a refund and or the new pair that they are getting in 3 weeks

How do we know these are actually new? 3 weeks might just be the new "we'll post in 10 days" thing.

Got to finally see that 3D MAG. Pretty cool. Thanks for doing that. How do I take a measurement?

There's no native scale at the moment, since it was generated from images. What you need to do is scale it using one of the many shots Dino put out with a measuring tape. After that, any measurement you pull will be accurate. (The easiest thing to scale from would likely be the strap. Based on Dino's other shots, it appears to be nearly exactly 25mm)

For everyone else who is just curious, there is an option on the page for "3D View" that will let you spin and zoom the model right in your browser.

-Nick

Last edited:

As per TheNickFox's advice... I attempted to do a 3d scan of my MAG shoes.
He suggested I try Autodesk's cloud processing capture app called 123D Catch.
After many attempts I finally got something worth sharing.

It's still not optimal. I plan to try another attempt this week with better captures of the undercuts and the inside of the shoe. I'll also try to get the bottom of the shoe and see if I can stitch the models together.

Thanks a bunch for doing that. It's nice to be able to view the real deal from any angle.
Even as a rough job, it's a great reference point. How many reference images did you need to take for that mesh? I believe they recommend every 5 degrees of rotation or something like that.

There's no native scale at the moment, since it was generated from images. What you need to do is scale it using one of the many shots Dino put out with a measuring tape.

-Nick

Great idea! I'll make sure to have a measuring tape in my next attempt. I'll see if I can do another pass tonight.

Thanks a bunch for doing that. It's nice to be able to view the real deal from any angle.
Even as a rough job, it's a great reference point. How many reference images did you need to take for that mesh? I believe they recommend every 5 degrees of rotation or something like that.

This was about 48 photos. I think I did about 15-20 pictures per rotation. I think the problem is that I didn't get the lower angles and the inside of the shoe.
I'll elevate it a little higher so I can do the undercuts.

The new Jordan XX8s. Are these as tall as the Mags?

Air-Jordan-XX8-Firt-Look-600x4491-600x448.jpg

Do you have an email for them?

It came via yourpay.com, the site I paid through.

It gets super shady. It included a tracking code. So I hit up the EMS site to track the package. According to the tracking number the package was sent Oct 21, 2012. And it claims it was delivered on Nov 6, 2012 and signed by the name PAUL ADAMSON.

I have no clue who that is and it's really odd that I just got the email today.

At this point I've accepted losing my $90 from LBJ10 or I'll get some sort of time travelling package in the mail.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back