NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Maybe the factory would have more luck with the color of the LEDs if they had used the colored plastic versions. I actually don't mind the all clear look when off.

I swear I ordered through shoebagsonsale but have yet to receive any notifications or replies to my emails at all. I wouldn't mind leaving my order standing but not if it no longer exists.

*****. When is this rollercoaster gonna friggin stop!?
If it keeps going, I'm more than ready to yak!

I will be going to my bank today and file my dispute and hopefully get some money back.

When I do, I will using it for my scratch build and buy the mesh in black, grey and white along with colour coded #20 thread.

I've re-worked my FX shoes and have replaced ugly visible stitching with a new hidden seam and re-worked the strap mech as well. By doing this, I have managed to not only get the look of the lined shoe I wanted, but keep the weight down heat build up down. I'll add a new designed tongue and cuff and might even attach them to a sole and then I'll post some pics.

whats the best method to stitch the elastic laces in?
ive just had 1 shoes uppers stitched and turned inside out, and they fit perfectly, just not sure how to do the elastic lace part.

should all the elastic laces be the same size? or slightly larger for each one starting from the bottom one?

Also, for the uppers, i found the best combination is just 1 single layer of eva foam (1.5mm or 2mm), and just glueing some thin (1.5mm or 2mm) bog standard sponge foam to it on the inside, and nothing else really.

I also reused the cardboardy type card that was in glued to the back of the knockoff heel cup, stuck it on my uppers before i glued the foam on, and it works perfectly in giving strength to the heel area.

i tried them on and they are very comfortable and fit perfectly, and keep their shape really well. I spent ages looking at the uppers from almost every angle imaginable, and i think ive got them more or less accurate now.

whats the best method to stitch the elastic laces in?
ive just had 1 shoes uppers stitched and turned inside out, and they fit perfectly, just not sure how to do the elastic lace part.

should all the elastic laces be the same size? or slightly larger for each one starting from the bottom one?

I am not using elastic on this build. If I was, then I would still attach at the same point (where the upper meets the innersole).

Yes you will have to custom measure and cut each of the 4 laces to suit.

Also, for the uppers, i found the best combination is just 1 single layer of eva foam (1.5mm or 2mm), and just glueing some thin (1.5mm or 2mm) bog standard sponge foam to it on the inside, and nothing else really.

You should get a pretty good result if you were to copy the layering technique on the original shoe. The only thing your really changing if the shell of the outer.

I also reused the cardboardy type card that was in glued to the back of the knockoff heel cup, stuck it on my uppers before i glued the foam on, and it works perfectly in giving strength to the heel area.

I have not actually removed the Heel Cup off the PVC upper of the K-MAG. Card board is quite common in many shoes including NIKE products.

i tried them on and they are very comfortable and fit perfectly, and keep their shape really well. I spent ages looking at the uppers from almost every angle imaginable, and i think ive got them more or less accurate now.

Cool. Start your build thread and post pics.

I cut up some k-mags tonight, ok so I'm impatient as i await to rip the v2,v2.5,v3 or whatever :D

Still fixing the upper shape but I think I can finally display how these shoes will roughly look :)

Not glued just sitting in the soles, just!

I cut up some k-mags tonight, ok so I'm impatient as i await to rip the v2,v2.5,v3 or whatever :D

Still fixing the upper shape but I think I can finally display how these shoes will roughly look :)

That looks amazing :love I only have one thing to say about it. The very top part seems to be slightly off shape. It should be a little more angled forward.
tgdch.jpg

The pictures aren't perfect ratios, but you can see the difference in shape.

Thanks Mitas! Good news is I can still change the shape slightly, I plan on a few others things so I will also try change that prob when I start the finger holes :D

What an amazing transformation from this
attachment.php

to this
attachment.php

Even with out EL, these look cool. Amazing what the black mid-sole does.
Will you still add splatter? I don't think it needs it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back