NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Nick

I have a few, so here goes.

Nick, in your video, you mentioned that will probably only end up using the soles and original tongue, ankle strap(?) and buckle.
1. In regards to the tongue, is this still the case or will you make a new one? Personally I don't think it is long enough and will be adding at least an inch to mine.
2. Given you will not use the original upper of the shoe, do you mind doing a paint test for me (and others wishing to paint the shoes a different colour)?
3. Are your silver K-MAG shoes just painted or is it an actual silver material?

I'm going to buy some Tamiya light grey spray colors today and try to paint the sole and then the blue dots on my K-Mags. If I find a matching grey maybe I'll try to paint the whole upper section of the shoe too, Tamiya is painting for plastic/modeling and this vinyl/PVC is light plastic after all. All the modifications I've done by now is addind some velcro at the back of the buckle to have it in place when I'm wearing the shoes.

On the other side, Buyluxuryclothing is not answering my mails anymore, and they even changed their name for "Ebuyluxuryclothing". My bank says I need a proof that the order was made so they can start the claiming to Visa but I never received any confirmation. All I have is the emails I sent them and their few answers... I think I'll not recover my money back :facepalm

Stay far away from this bunch of scammers.

Not good to hear that Trepamuros.

Yeah after pulling out my MP shoes tonight, I really want my K-MAGs grey now too. There is a paint specialty shop not too far from where I live. They are not the cheapest place to buy paint, but they seem to know their stuff, so I will head over tomorrow and ask about this paint or what ever is the Oz equivalent.

Here is my collection of MAGs :love and my BTTF inspired tube shoe box.

attachment.php

I have a few, so here goes.

Nick, in your video, you mentioned that will probably only end up using the soles and original tongue, ankle strap(?) and buckle.
1. In regards to the tongue, is this still the case or will you make a new one? Personally I don't think it is long enough and will be adding at least an inch to mine.
At this point, it appears the only thing I'll be using is the white sole, chopped in the back...and hopefully dyed.

2. Given you will not use the original upper of the shoe, do you mind doing a paint test for me (and others wishing to paint the shoes a different colour)?
I'll see what I can do about this next week, with any paints I have on hand. It won't be the most thorough of tests, but it should give you some ideas.

3. Are your silver K-MAG shoes just painted or is it an actual silver material?
It appears to be actual silver vinyl. I put the uppers under a lot of stress while I was tearing them apart and never noticed any cracking or flaking.

Only the leatherette around the ankle appears to be painted.

-Nick

After I paint tomorrow the entire K-Mags I'm planning on getting a new buckle (more accurate) and a new strap with EL electronics (Nike logo)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Anyone here offers this or can make it for me? I'm not gonna replace the ankle part or anything else, just the buckle & strap with electronics if possible. I have no skills molding, casting, or electronics. I hope doing well the paint job at least.

Thank you in advance.

I've been doing some painting job on my K-Mags today:

NikeMagConversion.jpg

Only the toe section is photoshopped to look like the real Mags (I really hate this on the Mag knockoff)

Silver color on the shoe is too dark, my local store had only this matte grey but I decided to try it. They're all Tamiya products, airspray for the main section and acrylic for the sole. It's not accurate at all but makes a big difference for me, this is better than the white out of the box shoes. Finally I've made the blue spots with a marker. I guess painting will crack and go when wearing them but I'll order another pair in white to wear them if sbshoes V2 are not finally made. This pair I have painted will be a display prop only :)

NikeMagConversion.jpg

Only the toe section is photoshopped to look like the real Mags (I really hate this on the Mag knockoff)

Silver color on the shoe is too dark, my local store had only this matte grey but I decided to try it. They're all Tamiya products, airspray for the main section and acrylic for the sole. It's not accurate at all but makes a big difference for me, this is better than the white out of the box shoes. Finally I've made the blue spots with a marker. I guess painting will crack and go when wearing them but I'll order another pair in white to wear them if sbshoes V2 are not finally made. This pair I have painted will be a display prop only :)

looks great!
did you paint the bottom as well? or just the sides of the sole?
i like that grey colour.

can you post some more pics from sides?

i was wondering whether to use acrylic paint for the sides of the sole rubber or to use a paint pen like someone else did previously.

I'd be interested to see how the paint handles on the sole. Is it pretty well bonded or does it seem like it might flake off?

It looks great though. I will most likely be experimenting on the toe of my second shoe before tearing it apart, so I may have a fix for the tie shape soon.

-Nick

After I paint tomorrow the entire K-Mags I'm planning on getting a new buckle (more accurate) and a new strap with EL electronics (Nike logo)

Are you wanting to make this yourself of buy something already done?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Anyone here offers this or can make it for me?

What is the story with Cloneprops? Is he actually selling his work?

The paint looks great. I got an email from a local paint supplier of what should be suitable and they asked what I was looking for and have not responded since.

I'd be very happy if I could get my K-Mags in the same condition as yours.

I'd be interested to see how the paint handles on the sole. Is it pretty well bonded or does it seem like it might flake off?

I don't think it will "flake off" but I do think that it will crack when wearing the shoes over time. I am more concerned about the uppers showing cracks than the soles. Even my Jordans have this cracking in the paint on the soles and they are a proper painted shoe.

what about tyre paint pen on the side of the soles?

is that ok to use?

im trying to see whats better, something like a molotow paint pen or oil based paint pen marker or just a tyre paint paint pen just for the sole sides.

wonder which one would last the longest or which is biggest quality.

NikeMagConversion.jpg

hi, could you link us to which paint pen you used for the blue splashes for the sole and heel cup?
did you paint the foamy part of the sole grey first and then splash the blue spots on top? and same for heel cup?

i wasn't sure about spraying the heel cup since its made of plastic.

what about tyre paint pen on the side of the soles?

is that ok to use?

You mean the same pens used to colouring the letters on the side wall? If so, yes that would work, but I don't think you will find it in too many colours. Your choices would be white, white and if your lucky, white :confused

im trying to see whats better, something like a molotow paint pen or oil based paint pen marker or just a tyre paint paint pen just for the sole sides.

An oil based paint pen should be fine. They do come in other colours :love but I have never seen a "grey" pen.

wonder which one would last the longest or which is biggest quality.

I think your tyre paint pen would be the most robust, but again limited to colours.

for the turqoise splatter. what is the exact colour used? is it pure turqoise or turqoise light blue?

i found the molotow paint pens and there is a very light blue colour.

not sure if this is turquoise enough though.

if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

im thinking of getting a tub or tube of acrylic paint. and then just using a brush to splatter it on.

Your idea to apply the "splatter" should be fine. The pattern here is random anyway.

I used an aqua water based craft pant for the dots (matched the colour as close as I could find to the MAG letters) I did on my pair of Mark Poon shoes. The dots dried hard and have not scrapped, peeled or fallen off nor look like they will anytime soon.

What I want is a paint or dye for the urethane mid sole part that won't attack the material.

The airspray for the main body and the bottom part of the sole (where the blue EL light is suposed to be) is Tamiya Color for plastics TS-32 Haze Grey.

The painting for the heel cup and the foamy part of the sole is Tamiya color Acrylic XF-55 Deck Tan.

The pen used for the blue splashes is a Faber Caster marker, the reference is PITT artist pen Light cobalt turquoise 154***

I 've painted first the main body & sole with the airspray, then the foamy part of the sole with the acrylic, After that I painted the heel cup again with the acrylic and finally I've added the blue splashes with the marker on the sole & heel cup and painted the Nike logo on the strap.

I still need to get some foam and do the Nike back logo and the swoosh.

I think painting will flake off eventually if you wear these shoes as a daily basis, I'm making this as a prop but painting seems to bond very well with all the shoe.

About my request of a new strap and buckle with EL sheet on the Nike logo, I'm looking for a finished kit. I think I wouldn't be able to made it, no skills at all in electronics.

I'll post some more pictures later.

NikeMagConversion.jpg

Duuuuude That SWEET!!!! haha Very Nice Paint job!!! Can we see the back?

I wondered how these shoes would look with the NIKE letters removed. I think in a way, it looks better.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back