Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I found a disc (DVD) with 5 eposodes at walmart for $10. It gives me hope that the whole thing will make it's way to DVD eventually.

'TMNT' embraces animated Turtle power in five ways

Looks like Mutagen Man will be introduced as a main villain in season 2! Stoked!

Screen-shot-2010-11-29-at-Nov-29-7.53PM-1.png

I can't remember if I posted in this thread before, but just wanted to warn you folks if you ever actively seek out any of the corporate people behind the new franchises.

I had a sour run in with one of the producers. For months I was saying honest, positive things about the show in interaction. I thought I knew the lay of the land, and decided to say two negatives that I didn't like. I even put a smiley face at the end of it to show I wasn't being mean about it, just voicing an opinion. Well, as I found out later, if you say anything negative about the show, and worse, defend your position in any way, these people will take offense to that. Rather than admitting you have a right to your opinion, they will talk down to you like a 4th grader, spew a bunch of swear words in a rant, and then cut off all contact. Worse, they will like hateful comments that other fans write about you. Great conduct from people who run a kids show.

It's one thing for fans to be nasty, but when creators openly go after you, that's a whole nother story. I expect fans in certain places to be pure hate. it's something that's crept into ALL of fandom lately, and made the internet so not fun anymore. Sad part is, most of the people I know want to be involved with the show, so of course, very few took my side to keep the peace. At least a few pro people saw my side of things.

Just wanted to let folks know if you ever go to conventions like nycc. keep it positive. Or else you'll run into a quickly decelerating disaster like mine :). At least all the voice actors are cool...But I will no longer go actively meet any corporate people involved with the show. No humility....this incident happened months ago, and it still cuts to know it happened at all. ugh.

that being said, I'm still looking forward to the rest of season two, even if some of the head people are dicks. ;)

Last edited:
Nickelodeons Ninja Turtles

is anyone still watching this series?

there was alot of buzz around it at first, but I feel like after the first season, alot of that went away and now it's just kind of..there.

It's odd. I consider myself a huge ninja turtle fan. I got introduced to the series a bit late, in 1989 with 'THe Big Rip Off'. it took a while to get into, but once it did, I got hooked..I then foundthe original comics, lasted through volume 4 and the odd Volume 3. enjoyed the hell out of the 4 kids series, and even watched next mutation for a time.

But this Nickelodeon series..I can't just get into.

I don't know why.

The voice cast and music is top notch. the animation is clearly high quality.

But something about how this show is run, and the characters are written just isn't appealing. the only one who feels 'right' is Splinter.

I've gone back and rewatched maybe 4 episodes that held my interest. other than that, most are one and dones, and some I have to force myself to finish, like 'Attack of the Mega Shredder'.

anyone else in the same boat? or am i just too critical these days and the series is really fine?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back