MCU mutants

Exactly. They don't need to do the whole Xavier/Magneto thing again... or even Wolverine. It's already been done. Sure, some feel that Hugh Jackman wasn't a good choice for a short, stocky berserker Canadian man (wait... should he then only be played by a Canadian? J/K - but that's how screwed up all this is).

I don't want to see new versions of the same things. I want Dafne Keen and her palls try to survive and grow and bust the MCU wide open with their R-rated movies. :)

I'm still furious at the #fakefans angry at the casting of Scarlett Johannsson as Major in Ghost in the Shell when the character in the original manga/anime was Caucasian (or, rather, her shell was) and the creator of the whole damn thing said she was perfect for the role.

That was one of the examples I was thinking of, but not the only one. Especially since, when you actually look at the original story, the character has a wholly artificial body and could look like anyone. Nobody ought to care, yet some people were up in arms over perceived racial slights.

OK while Dan and I agree on many many things I am going to speak up on this. Magneto is a Holocaust survivor. He saw as a child what happened to his family and friends as Jews. What makes him such an interesting character is that fact that he truly believes he is not the bad guy. That he sees humans trying to exterminate the mutants just as the Nazi's tried to exterminate the Jews. Also the vast majority of Jews that were in Germany, Poland ect. were in fact Ashkenazic Jews not Sephardic. Us Ashkenazic Jews are predominately white. Sorry just a fact. So as a Jew I in this case would take exception to race bending Magneto. That does not fit the character or his backstory.

So, the MCU is now in the year 2023 given the 5 year jump in Endgame.

How do make a Magneto revealing himself in what would likely be 2026 by the time they get there (phase 5)? If he survive the holocaust at age 5, it'd make him 85+ come phase 5. So short of them time jumping to present day from the 60's or whatever, it would seem they'd need to come up with at least a slightly different story for him to get a 30-40 year old actor to play the part in a flick set in 2026ish.

Here is where I sort of get fuzzy on the comic book stuff.. (because I was not collecting a much as I used to when I was younger)..

BUT.. wasnt there a younger Magneto in the comic books at one point? (Joeseph or something perhaps?)..

not sure if this story line ended up being the real Magneto or not though...

anyone care the clarify/educate me?

update: blah.. couldnt wait.. and googled.. guess he was just a clone?

Yeah, Magneto's age in the comics is a problem due to his defining past in the Holocaust. They de-age him every chance they get.

I'd wage a bet now that a mid-forties age version is dragged into the future by some multiverse/Doctor Strange time stone shenanigans.

I wonder if this rumor about race bending the X-Men came from an idea that Marvel might have been toying with in order to distance their X-Men from Fox's? The hole in my theory is that they really didn't do anything that drastic with Spider-Man, but it still could be something that was toyed with but not chosen to go with.

So, the MCU is now in the year 2023 given the 5 year jump in Endgame.

How do make a Magneto revealing himself in what would likely be 2026 by the time they get there (phase 5)? If he survive the holocaust at age 5, it'd make him 85+ come phase 5. So short of them time jumping to present day from the 60's or whatever, it would seem they'd need to come up with at least a slightly different story for him to get a 30-40 year old actor to play the part in a flick set in 2026ish.
In the comic he takes a variation of the super soldier serum to keep him young. Just like Natasha.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back