Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Playmates Nickelodeon TMNT figures are 4" and the new Playmates classic TMNT figures are 6".

playmatestmnttoysmain.jpg

http://heavyfuture.blogspot.in/2012/09/nickelodeon-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.html
The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series was really good, of course it isn't gritty like the Mirage comics or the first movie, but as most who grew up watching the 80s cartoon will surely come to enjoy it and TMNT fans should give this new show a try.

The tone of the series is primarily directed towards kids just like the old show, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed out loud number of times. The animation and virtual camera movements really works great especially during the fight sequences and helps to showcase the agility of the Turtles. Also I liked some of the little extra animation effects when they show some of the facial emotions including some pop out effects to infuse expression and humour through visuals.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Videos | Watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Online | Full Episodes and Clips | Nick Videos
Both episodes (Rise of the Turtles Part I & II) are now available for US streaming on the Nick website.

Last edited:
I watched 1&2 this weekend and loved it!

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this new show.

:thumbsup

Yeah, I watched the first two episodes on the Nickelodeon website, and was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed the show.

Different style of animation aside, the heart of the series are the characters and I feel they got all of them right, including Splinter. Still need to see how April's character plays out further though.

The ne tmnt classics figures are really nice and for some reason really hard to find in my area. ANyway, I'd recommend them to anyone who is even slightly interested.

I thought the show was pretty good. It has it's flaws and minor annoyances, but I'll keep watching for now.

Love this show, what a fun premiere! I also picked up the entire first wave of figures and the Shellraiser. Still debating on getting the sewer playset...

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the show. It was fun, and I can see kids going crazy for it (I bet they love the ridiculousness of the new Krangs).

However, I can't help but picture Pinky from Pinky and the Brain whenever Donatello speaks. :facepalm

Me and my son watched it sat. we both liked it. I like that the theme song is simialr to original, and so are the origins. I even recorded the first live action movie to show my son, later this week.

My son and I watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed it. I have high hopes for this series.

Fun fact:.. the original TMNT cartoon was not called TMNT in England. The BBC thought the word Ninja was too violent so the theme song and start of the show was changed to TMHT (Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles)..

i watched it with my 7 year old girl on Sat, VERY GOOD CARTOON! she's watched it at least 4-5 times already and anxious for the next episode.

we're big turtle fans in this house.

it aired in the UK yesterday and I watched with our 7yr old and I actually really liked it :) so did he! I wasn't expecting much but enjoyed it

My kids really enjoyed it and it has enough jokes and action to keep me entertained...

I like the training and planning that takes place so far and each of the turtles has their personalities fleshed out well.

Loved the newest episode!
I'm wondering if we have a trend withMikey naming all the villain mutants?
The action in the show is very well done!
Already can't wait for the entire series on blu ray!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back