New Voyagers Omni

It's not new...but I snagged this from the opening credits.

omni1_zpsf9f03b27.png

Funny enough, I jusr watched Bully vrs Billy and they used both omni's with the clear dome and not in the same episode.

Last edited:
It's not new...but I snagged this from the opening credits.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/LastWho/omni1_zpsf9f03b27.png

Funny enough, I jusr watched Bully vrs Billy and they used both omni's with the clear dome and not in the same episode.
That is a great screen capture. Makes me wonder where the dial indicator lens assembly actually connects to the omni. In my last omni I connected the indicator to the 12 oclock rivet, but I am thinking it might still connect there but instead of on top of the base dial, under it. Sort of like a clip that slides for the top and then under.
Any other observations on this from anyone?

I had to be attached from the bottom and then at the top. But obviously you cant even see the attachment on the top at the 12 oclock rivet. So its something that has to be connected on the replica without being seen. I wonder how small the clips are not to be seen at the top. We cant see the piece on the table at Thomas Edison's shop either. Would be too small to make out anyhow I guess

notice that if you line up all the red marks on the dials it turns into the v symbol on the case. now the real question is ...where and when you would you be if that lined up in the indicator lens at 12 o clock?!?!?!?!?!

omni.JPG

I always heard it takes you to Voyager headquarters but if that was the case Bogg would have brought Jeffery there at the beginning of the pilot episode, told them what happened and asked for another guidebook!!!! LMAO

If I remember correctly, it does take you back to Voyager HQ. The only time it actually lined up was in the episode where Bogg was on trial. It was remotely activated to bring him back for the trial. As for why he didn't just do that when he lost the guide book, how do we know that he didn't try? Remember, it was malfunctioning, so maybe it would only go there when triggered remotely.

So does anyone think the actual omni prop's button in the TV series really press down or was it just a non-movable brass part??

Hey Rob I spotted something with those diamond shapes across the top of the lid on the omni. It seems they touch or are connected at the points with one another. Just wanted to point that out because you have then not touching and a little space in between them. Thanks!

Hey Rob I spotted something with those diamond shapes across the top of the lid on the omni. It seems they touch or are connected at the points with one another. Just wanted to point that out because you have then not touching and a little space in between them. Thanks!

No problem. I have a number of inaccuracies that I am making a list of. As I get closer to final design, I will be adjusting everything.

just a progress update. Have been busy last week, but managed to hammer out some small stuff this morning on the dials and the globe sleeve. Still need to get the shape of the globe body to look more rounded.
omni assembly10.jpg

omni assembly12.jpgomni assembly11.jpg

Last edited:
Everything looks fantastic so far. It is more resembling the 2nd or later version of the omni. I love it so far!!

The dial widths or the engraving widths are not correct, so I have to figure that out before I lay in the engravings. But so far I am pleased with the way it is turning out as well.

Btw Rob, I have a great episode to take the red light sound effects from without any music or talking. What episode do you use for the red light sound effect?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back